GG Grandfather the murderer !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GG Grandfather the murderer !

Just a quick post to say : I've just found my GG Grandfather on the 1911 census at Parkhurst Prison IOW, I'm really chuffed he wasn't executed after his court case.

for those of you that don't know, he was charged and sentenced to death for the murder of his wife. However the jury asked for him to be treated with mercy as they seemed not to be 100% sure of his guilt, but were forced to reach a decision by the judge.

Off to Kew next month to see if I can find a prison record along with a few other bits I want to look up.

Today is a good day...
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Good find, Jules, hope you find more info at Kew.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by JulesSmith View Post
      Just a quick post to say : I've just found my GG Grandfather on the 1911 census at Parkhurst Prison IOW, I'm really chuffed he wasn't executed after his court case.

Didn't we find a likely death in the 1920's for him? (sorry, can't remember his name!)

Comment

Yes we did, but I don't know yet if it is him. Probably is though.

thanks to everyone who helped me with this. x
        Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

snot fair I want someone like that in my tree !!

Comment

Working...
          X