can you help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you help

this is my first time on this site,can anybody help me try and find any members of the hawkins family that are related to my great great grandfather james hawkins,he was a primitive methodist minister.all i know is the last chapel he was at was george street chapel in worcester.i dont even know where he is buried.
    many thanks.
    steven jacklin

Welcome to the site Steven:

Someone with subs to Ancestry will no doubt be on soon but you are more likely to get a good response if you post on the Research section here:

Research Qs & As - Family Tree Forum

Good luck with your research.
    Liz

Comment

Just done a very quick search on t'net (got to take my hoofed one to school) and found this which might be of interest to you
      BROWNE
      it deal's with a family by the name of brown but if you scroll down to 1/8 Edith Rolfe Brown there is a sentence that mentions ....."may have been the son of James Hawkins a primitive methodist minister"...may be worth checking out with the site owner as you never know there may be a connection.

Must dash, oh and welcome to the site.

Comment

Steven, let me know if you would like this thread moved over to the Research Q & A board. One of the differences between this board and that one is that the Research one is open to viewing by non-members of the site so it will be picked up by Google whereas this board can only be seen by members.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Steven, can you give some dates to work around please and tell us where if anywhere you have already searched.
          Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

re edith rolf brown

Originally posted by don.t View Post
            Just done a very quick search on t'net (got to take my hoofed one to school) and found this which might be of interest to you
            BROWNE
            it deal's with a family by the name of brown but if you scroll down to 1/8 Edith Rolfe Brown there is a sentence that mentions ....."may have been the son of James Hawkins a primitive methodist minister"...may be worth checking out with the site owner as you never know there may be a connection.

Must dash, oh and welcome to the site.
            thank you so much thats my geat aunty,so it would seem i have a relative in browns jewellers,lol

Comment

re moving

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
              Steven, let me know if you would like this thread moved over to the Research Q & A board. One of the differences between this board and that one is that the Research one is open to viewing by non-members of the site so it will be picked up by Google whereas this board can only be seen by members.
              if you think that is the way to go then yes please.
              kind regards
              steven

Comment

I've moved it for you.
                KiteRunner

Comment

hi steven and welcome im not the expert but i hope you get the help wanted brenda xxx

Comment

Yes, as Geordie Girl said above, we need any dates that you have and any other info you already have about him so we know where to look.
                    KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                    X