Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please

What date and how old do you think this lady was please?

Hi Jane

I'm not great on ages but she looks like she's in her early to mid fifties to me. Looking at her dress could it have been taken in the late 1870's/early 1880's ?

Joanie

Comment

I'd say 55-65.

Comment

Thank you for your replies. I thought she looked about 50 but I was hoping the photo would have been taken quite a lot later than 1880. I'm not at all sure she is who I was hoping for now.

Jane

Comment

I'd say her hairdo is later than the 1880s but what we can see of her dress is confusing and seems as if it's from an earlier period

Hopefully Barbara and Don will appear in time and sort it out

Her glasses are timeless, so no help there as regards date
          ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Hi, I suspect your lady dates from the early years of the 20th century, 1900 to 1910, if you google fashions for this period you will see that what you can see of her outfit would fit nicely into that period, also her hair do is just asking for a big hat plonked on top...:D And unless the photographer has been doing a bit of airbrushing I think her grey hair belies the fact she is not that old, certainly no more than early 50s maybe even earlier.....nice photo...

Comment

Many thanks Barbara, that fits in exactly with what I'd hoped for. The lady in question (if indeed it is her) was born 1854.

Jane

Comment

45/50 brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                X