The 1841 census phenomenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 1841 census phenomenon

I'll start this by saying I'm not mad. I imagine it's just a phenomenon with my tree but on the 1841 census pages, you probably know there are two pages left and right. Almost always, I mean 99% of the time, my family members are on the right hand page. It's come to the point where I only look on the right hand page! I'm absolutely shocked when I find them on the left page and when I do, I double check whether I've found the right people. Then, more often than not, the people on the left side aren't my people, I'll find my people on another page on the right side.

It seems very odd to me but I guess it's just probability. I've said this now as it's just happened again and it's getting beyond the joke.
    Hail Spode!

Checking Census pages

Hi guybursh

On the later census sheets it's sometimes a good idea to look on the page after the one on which you have found your family details as they sometimes continue onto the next page.

Regards.

Comment

Guy, I know what you mean. I'm always surprised if I find my people on the left hand page too.
      Last edited by KiteRunner; 23-03-09, 13:57.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Guy,
        And the previous page, too, if your rellies are at the top of the page.

Comment

I'm just thankful when I find my rellies! If anyone can find my gt x 4 grandfather John Smoothy I will be chuffed. He was in Chelmsford from at least 1805 to his death in 1861 but I've been through all the pages of the Chelmsford 1841 census without finding him, left or right!
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks KiteRunner, at least I'm not the only one going mad. ;)

Little Nell, Is he the one bc1777 in Chelmsford on the 1851?
            Hail Spode!

Comment

Working...
            X