Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have access to Ontario marriages on Ancestry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have access to Ontario marriages on Ancestry?

I wondered if anyone has access to Ontario marriages on Ancestry and would mind looking up a marriage for me? I think they go up to 1924 so hopefully this would be on there.

Unfortunately I only have limited information, so hopefully someone out there would like a challenge!

Mary Jane Smith was born 1891 in Towersey which is now in Oxon but then was in Bucks. Her father's name was Thomas, mother's name Jane Smith nee Wright. We are not sure where or when she emigrated to Canada, however I have found her in the UK on 1911 census (transcribed as Mary Ajne which gave us a laugh!) so it would be after then.

We think her husband's name was Jim (so probably James) or possibly Alan (don't ask, we have a photo which has "Aunty Mary, Uncle Jim and Uncle Alan written on the back ...)

We believe they lived in Kingston, Ontario if that helps.

I am very much hoping to find out who she married so that I then have a surname to go with the first names of her children I have from another photo ...

Will be off to bed shortly (young baby, so grab sleep when I can), so won't be back on the boards until tomorrow.

Many thanks in advance, Helen

Have you looked on here Helen?
    Ontario County Index to Marriages 1908-1935

I found a Mary Smith marrying an Arnold Adsitt in 1929.
    There are pages to go through though as it covers Ontario marriages from 1908 - 1935.
    Unfortunately there is no reference number listed, but it's free!

Maybe you might find more info from the home page Ontario County Records and Archives Center

Good luck.

Update; Just found this possibility on there.
    John OUGHTERSON married Mary Jane SMITH in 1914
    Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 22-03-09, 22:34. Reason: Update!
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Scrap that last post. Those records are for Ontario County, New York :o

How silly do I feel now :o

Sorry Helen :o
      My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Hi Helen,

I have access to ancestry.ca ... no trace of Mary though. Also checked Michigan, which may sound strange, but I have a lot of family from Ontario and the sneaky little beggars are sometimes found there when I can't find them in Ontario. One, in fact, had her birth registered in both places. Also checked Manitoba ... the problem there is that you don't see any info except the names and date, but looking for a Mary Smith who married a James or Alan sometime after 1910 gave no results.

Regards,
        Lynda

Comment

HI

there is one marriage for the year of 1916 fathers name of Thomas matches but the image is so bad that you cant make out Mothers maiden name or where Mary Jane herself was born. Witness were a Thomas Smith and a Mabel F Smith. Groom though is called William Jhn Weir Vancamp - or something similar.

ther#y atate they are living in the area of Buckton Ontario

Not much help really!
          WendyP

Comment

HI

Sorry forget the above I've just found a corresponding family in the 1911 Canadian census.
            WendyP

Comment

Hi everyone, many thanks for trying. A name like Smith doesn't help, I know. Helen

Comment

Working...
              X