Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Rowland

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help on identifying this person. He is my husbands great grandfather who was called Arthur Rowland, from Churton by Aldford, Cheshire. We know he was a Bombardier in the Royal Horse Artillery, but there were two Arthurs in the family, a son born 1887, parents - Frederick & Mary Rowland of Churton in Aldford, and a grandson born abt 1899, parents unknown, but living with grandparents Frederick & Mary Rowland in Churton in the 1901 census.

The reason I need this info, is that my father in law (deceased) didn't live with his parents as a child, but was brought up by "grandparents", and the photo is the only thing he had showing his father, who is listed on his birth cert, as Arthur Rowland (occupation Bombardier RHA). But we don't know which of the two Arthurs was his father.

Here's hoping,

Dalavon.
    Attached Files

Hi, your photo appears to be ww1, a post on the Great War Forum might be able to confirm this, as that would make the 2nd Arthur 19 at the end of the war and give you some clues to identifying who would be the Daddy, good luck,,;)

Comment

I agree with Barbara. The guys on the Great War Forum will notice things about your photo that most people never see no matter how hard they look. Give them a try.

Comment

Thanks Just Barbara & Nichola,

I will certainly visit the Great War Forum, to see if I can get any help.
        Having looked at the photo again, I think that you are right in that it is the younger of the Arthurs, as the older one would have had to be 25 to 30 years old if that is him in the photo.

Regards,
        Dal.

Comment

Working...
        X