Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LMA records on Ancestry .... Coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMA records on Ancestry .... Coming soon!

Just received email from Lost Cousins with a reference to the LMA records on Ancestry - thought it might be of interest!

LONDON METROPOLITAN ARCHIVES - ONLINE AT LAST?
    Since many of my ancestors were in the London area at some point during the 19th century I was very interested in the announcement last year that Ancestry were planning to digitise the parish registers and other records held at the London Metropolitan Archives, which holds most of the surviving records for the Greater London area. Although no announcement has yet been made, I've just noticed that the back cover of at least one of next month's family history magazines has an advert devoted entirely to these records - so the first instalment must be close.

CanĀ“t wait!
    Elaine

Might just be Ancestry trying to get more subscriptions on the promise of what will be on offer. But then I am a cynic.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I seem to get loads of messages from Ancestry but still not the one offering a discount on my expired sub. In light of the business i did for them recently it would be nice to hear from them

At least i can see that one tree i opened to someone has been spread around several other folks without so much as a please or thankyou. Without the sub i can't even contact them either and heaven forbid they would ever try and ASK for info.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

I can't wait either. I'm hoping it's the breakthrough I've been waiting for on my maternal line

Comment

There's a thing on the ancestry home page every time I go on it saying they are coming soon; haven't you seen it?
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Not on mine Kate - but I have customised the home page which has removed the advert box that is usually in the right hand column.
            Elaine

Comment

nor mine, and I haven't customised mine!;) i went straight over to check when I saw Kate's post!
              Clare

Comment

Try this link it will tell you all about what they are doing.
                Historical parish content for London boroughs - Ancestry.co.uk

Lost couisn newsletter I find interesting it gives tips about so many things you may want to read it
                Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 22-03-09, 07:57.
                GWEN

Comment

Originally posted by Gwen@coggiecorner View Post
                  Try this link it will tell you all about what they are doing.
                  That link doesn't work all I get is:-

Invalid or Unauthorized Input Has Been Detected
                  There is a problem servicing your requestā€”it contains invalid or unauthorized data. The details of the problem have been automatically logged to our servers.

If you feel that you have reached this page in error, use your browser's Back button to identify the page and data that caused the problem. Then re-enter the information.

Comment

Try this

Elaine

Comment

Looking at that link made me realise what a HUGE task that is going to be. Shame they don't make it clearer which records and the area they cover will be going on first, I might be getting excited over nothing!:D
                      Clare

Comment

They're being released over the next two years, so it's better for them to remain vague, so members continue to subscribe...

Comment

They probably don't want to be too specific at this stage in case they encounter problems with any particular database and have to hold that one back till later.
                          KiteRunner

Comment

I can't remember where, but sure I heard the parish registers and workhouse records would be first on. Docklands ancestors did until recently have one of the Bethnal Green parishes with a 'coming soon' next to it, but have now pulled this, which makes me wonder if it is because they also know these will soon be online anyway? That said could just be due to sad death of James Legon last year.

Comment

Richard, I remember reading somewhere that they had flagged up a particular parish with "coming soon" but there was some sort of problem with the fiche/film that was sent to them for transcription - however, I can't remember if it was Bethnal Green!
                              Elaine

Comment

That was All Saints Poplar if it is the one in the most recent newsletter, Elaine.
                                KiteRunner

Comment

Thanks Kate. Yes it probably was in the latest newsletter.
                                  Elaine

Comment

Guildhall Library and LMA are pretty well shut now for the next six months so suppose it will all be happening during this period.

Janet

Comment

Hope they do the workhouse ones first. My gg grandfather b.c1802 was placed in a London workhouse as a young boy, and is my main brick wall.
                                      Pam

Comment

The LMA tends to deal with Middlesex Records rather than London Records which are mainly dealt with by the Guildhall, but I understand it is only the LMA Records going online not the Guldhall ones?

Janet

Comment

Working...
                                        X