No announcement yet.

What do you run alongside Kapersky ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you run alongside Kapersky ???

Just installed this today, wasnt really sure what else I needed so have uninstalled Spybot Ad-aware and Zonealarm but not sure if thats enough.
    Any ideas thanks ???

which version of Kapersky did you install ? - the anti virus or the internet security ? if you've got internet security - you don't need anything else

Comment

ooh good I have the internet security one , thanks for that

Comment

I would still install superantispyware

Comment

really ??? thanks will look into that then

Comment

You dont need zone alarm firewall Val if you have the kapersky suite, in fact zone alarm will cause problems and slow down the puter.

I have the kapersky 2009 suite and Ive downloaded super antispyware free edition and malwarebytes - also free. I just run them manually now and then.

Comment

thanks Heather I have installed them and whats more found 4 problems with them.

Comment

Val, I think kapersky said to remove the old anti virus systems you have. Remove them from the control panel programs thing and also then do a search for anything that may still be left. I thought Id got rid of all of zone alarm, did a search thing and got 6 files come up! I then deleted them.

Comment

I have got Kaspersky internet security and nothing else. Ex sil did it for me and he is a whizz with computers. I'm sure if l had needed anything with it he would have put it on
                  Pam

Comment

I did do all that Heather thanks , and Pam thats what I thought too but several people have told me different ????

Comment

Well, as everyone says NO program is 100% so it doesnt hurt to run the other progs now and then.

Comment

What you got to remember is that programs like superantispyware deal with spyware and is being updated all the time. Antivirus programs like AVG, Avast, etc etc don't have a full definitions database of spyware.

So its best to use a program for spyware like superantispyware untill such time when one antivirus program does the lot.

Comment

Working...
                        X