Computer expert’s help needed please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer expert’s help needed please?

I’m using my old Dell All in One printer A920 with my new computer which is Vista.

It only now shows my new scanned pictures, and certificates as an Adobe file not a JPEG Image as before.

My Certificates scanned as Adobe files are much larger (21.9MB) than JPEG images 496KB. I cannot now send any new scanned pictures and Birth, Death & Marriage certificates on to my relatives.

As I’m not a computer buff, and only know how to use a computer, I would appreciate any suggestions and help.

I’ve looked at the WIKI about JPEG Images..but I’m totally confused now!
    teresa

What software are you using to scan with? Are you just pressing the scan button on the scanner? If so, what software pops up?
    Hail Spode!

Comment

When I go to my Dell All in One Centre and scan a certificate or picture the ony thing that is available now is Acrobat reader.

I've tried re installing my printer but it makes no difference!
      teresa

Comment

Try going to the Dell web site and see if there are any drivers and software patches you can download for using with Vista
        L

Comment

With the Dell printers you have to set the place where you want most of your scanned pictures to go. I have a Dell Photo 944 which is set to work with Corel Photo album and Corel Paint shop Pro X as this is the software I use for all my Pictures and Certificates. With this I can turn all my pictures etc into jpeg/tiff/gif/bitmap and a few others that I have that goes with the software. Somehow yours is set to go into Acrobat Reader?

Janet

Comment

Looks like you might need so imaging software and set your printer to default to that software rather than acrobat. There was probably some on your old Dell CD that came with the printer. So firstly try installing that or if not, either buy something like Paint Shop Pro or alternatively there is a free one online to download called Gimp. I've not tried it but it's supposed to be quite good.

http://ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/source...i686-setup.exe - Gimp download link
            Hail Spode!

Comment

With the Dell printers you have to set the place where you want most of your scanned pictures to go. I have a Dell Photo 944 which is set to work with Corel Photo album and Corel Paint shop Pro X as this is the software I use for all my Pictures and Certificates. With this I can turn all my pictures etc into jpeg/tiff/gif/bitmap and a few others that I have that goes with the software. Somehow yours is set to go into Acrobat Reader?

I am using Windows XP and not Vista, though I do not think that makes any difference. I do think it is more to do with what software you have for your pictures and whether or not your Dell Printer is set for your material to go to that software automatically?

Janet

Comment

Teresa, I've merged your thread from the Research board into this one as there were some suggestions on each thread.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                X