parfitt family somerset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parfitt family somerset

hello,im loking for any info on the parfitt family from holcombe somerset.
    i have james parfitt 1781 who married betty(no maiden name)
    they had the following children:ann,eliza,leah,george,hugh(married caroline gwillim),maryann and sarah.
    ive been trying for ages now to find out the names of james parents and siblings and the maiden name of betty.any help would be brilliant.thanks

Have you check the GEDCOM to see who else is researching Parfitt's ( click GEDCOM on the blue nav bar, type in Parfitt in surname.

I have one, Ann Parfitt b abt 1806 who married one of my Penny's.

Good luck with your search
    www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
    http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Comment

have you looked at freereg? the census? what about parish records? there is a woman, called vivianne on here, she does lookup's at the ro in somerset.

Comment

Have you checked our Rootsweb family Trees.

WorldConnect Project -- Connecting the World One GEDCOM at Time

There's a James Parfitt born 1781 in Clutton, Somerset, father Caleb mother Sarah. More than likely the family moved around if they were a mining family.
        Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

hi everyone, thanks for all the info.i did find james in the census but i was looking for info on his parents.will have a look on roots family trees.

Comment

Have you seen the Yahoo group for Somerset? they do have some transcriptions on there, but even if they don't have what you are looking for, some of the members have access to the PR microfiche. I found them a really helpful & friendly bunch.

You have to join a group specific to the "Hundred" for your Parish of interest... the main group will help you work out which one.

somersetfamilyhistory : Somerset Family History
            Vicky

Comment

Working...
            X