lincoln records office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lincoln records office

I may be going to Lincoln records office on Wednesday with a friend. We both have things to look for but if anybody wants me to look for anything and I have time I will do.
    However I am on call for my daughter having a baby and I will be going to York to babysit the other 2. Just had a phone call from her and she thinks the baby will arrive before the end of the week end so I may not be able to go to Lincoln.

Gloryer - That's a kind offer!

If you do go and you have time could you check a burial for me, please?

Mary Newton buried 15 Feb 1770 St Margaret Braceby

If there are any further details, I'd love to know.

I'm hoping that she is the first wife of OH's ancestor Thomas Newton:
    He married in 1771 and is given as a widower - he returned to Braceby to live with his new wife. They are buried in the churchyard.

Lincolnshire Marriage Licence Bonds and Allegations
    Thos Newton From elsewhere Widowed aged 40
    Ann Dawson from the parish Single 26
    Place of marriage: Threekingham Diocese Lincoln

Don't worry if you can't get there - and good luck to your daughter with the baby!
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

ok I will try for you. Its good that you have the date and place as that will make it easier to look for

Comment

Hi Gloryer

Thanks for the offer, i might have a little request for you if http://www.familytreeforum.com/resea...ton-lincs.html throws up a lead somewhere, but unless anything likely pops up i wouldn't want to take your time up.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Thanks, Gloryer, it's much appreciated.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I echo that - a very kind offer.

To assist some friends with their tree:
            Charles BRANT b 1836-7 Sixhills [HO107/2111,RG10/3415, RG11/4702]
            possibly: b 28 Mar 1837 Sixhills, Lincoln [IGI-personal]

Also his parents' marriage in Sixhills? or South Willingham?
            Daniel BRANT b 1807-8 Lit Carlton [1851] 1805-6 [1861]
            Elizabeth (CHAPMAN?) b 1811-16 Lincs [1841] 1815-6 [NBI] (she died 1844)

I'm not aware of any elder siblings, but Charles was only 4 in 1841, so it's possible they got married about 1835-6.

Neither request is important. Definitely not worth making a big effort. No problem if your more important commitments and your own searches mean that you don't look at this.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

made a note of it christine. Glenn if you let me know what you are after before wednesday I will seee what I can do.
              If I dont go next week then I am sure I will go again in the near future

Comment

It's a very generous offer Gloryer and IF you have time I'd be grateful if you could check the birth/baptism records for Thomas Cant c1790 Little Ponton, parents John and Ann. The surname is sometimes written as Caunt. And if I could be very cheeky a check on his father John c1746, Little Ponton would be useful too ... But only if you have time and don't neglect your own research;)

Thanks
                Sue

Comment

I have added it to my list Sue. I am going to see my friend tomorrow to see how long her list is. She has never been to a records office before so I dont know how much she needs to look for.

Comment

Hi Gloryer

If you do get a chance (and i understand if you can't)

From freereg i have the following;

Heckington, Lincolnshire, 16 May 1843, Thomas Goulson marriage to Mary Vear, father of the groom is called John Goulson, a deceased carpenter. (The record is also transcribed as alias Gulson and the bmd suggests the bride is in fact Mary Eyre)

I'm really interested in baptisms for Thomas (1820's?) and John (possibly 1790's). There may also be a William born c 1792.

There is a Goulson family in Heckington in the 1790's and i'm hoping they are connected, apologies it's a bit vague.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Only if you have time - I can see there are more important things on your mind - I'd be grateful if you could check the following & note the witnesses.

Marriage 01 Jun 1802, Epworth between Richard Watkin & Betty Laister

Thanks for the offer

Comment

I have noted down Glenns and Jills.

Comment

Bishops transcripts for Winterton, Lincs

Hi Gloryer

Thank you very much for your kind offer. If you get chance, and I know you already have a lot of requests, can you look at the Bishops transcripts for Winterton. I am trying to confirm that John Gray was born about June 1776/7. I am also trying to confirm his parents were George and Elizabeth Gray.

Thank you very much

Jane

Comment

[QUOTE=Elizabeth Herts;1627289]

Mary Newton buried 15 Feb 1770 St Margaret Braceby

QUOTE]

just been checking what records are available and the baptisms and burials for Braceby dont start until 1779

Comment

Gloryer, the village still holds recent records as the book is still in use, but the church is only open for services twice a month. We visited last year. I don't think the village has this burial. I found it on FMP.

However, Mary Newton's burial should be in the Bishops Transcripts from 1532 - 1838. We found a lot in there with extra information as the Newtons were churchwardens and a couple of them actually made the entries.

The entry is credited to Lincolnshire Family History Society. I assume they got it from Lincoln, but if all else fails I can contact them.
                              Elizabeth
                              Research Interests:

Comment

theres no mention of the bishops transcripts, Just looked for Sleaford n case it wa under that but Sleaford doesnt appear to be listed.

Collections - Lincolnshire County Council

thats the link for the page I have been looking at.

Comment

Hi Gloryer, I hope this link works:

Collections - Lincolnshire County Council

We looked at the Bishop's Transcripts for Braceby last year, so they are definitely there! Sorry to be a pain, it's so confusing.

Braceby C 1779-1812 M 1759-1837 B 1779-1812 BTs 1562-1830
                                  Elizabeth
                                  Research Interests:

Comment

Gloryer, I can't remember exactly but I think the earliest records were lost as your link states, but we were directed to the Bishop's Transcripts as a substitute. They were very interesting because there were little extras you don't find in the parish registers, such as the name of the Church Wardens.

Luckily the BTs supplement and duplicate the parish records.
                                    Elizabeth
                                    Research Interests:

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post
                                      Hi Gloryer

If you do get a chance (and i understand if you can't)

From freereg i have the following;

Heckington, Lincolnshire, 16 May 1843, Thomas Goulson marriage to Mary Vear, father of the groom is called John Goulson, a deceased carpenter. (The record is also transcribed as alias Gulson and the bmd suggests the bride is in fact Mary Eyre)

I'm really interested in baptisms for Thomas (1820's?) and John (possibly 1790's). There may also be a William born c 1792.

There is a Goulson family in Heckington in the 1790's and i'm hoping they are connected, apologies it's a bit vague.
                                      Just a bit more that has come to light today re Thomas;

1851 Census Thomas Gulson born abt.1821 birth place given as Anwick, Lincolnshire.

Wife Mary, children George 5, Elizabeth 3 and John 2.

====

it seems he died 1860 from the bmd and a burial record, the burial record gives his age as 48, buried at Great Hale, it doesn't help narrow down his baptism much i'm afraid.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

ok Elizabeth I have made a note of that. Didnt see that on the site before. I have also made a note of GLenns and Janes

Comment

Working...
                                        X