Can anyone find my Shoults?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone find my Shoults?

This is strange. Joseph Matthias Shoult (bc1846) married Jessie M Hay (bc1845) in 1866 they had two kids, Joseph (bc1867) and Jessie (bc1869) in St John Southwark, London.

They are on the 1871 census together here ( Class: RG10; Piece: 625; Folio: 58; Page: 1; GSU roll: 818924. )

After that Joseph senior is found living with various brothers and sisters but the family is missing.

Jessie junior seems to pop up in Southwark again in Sep 1891 getting married to William Simmonds and I think I've found them possibly on the 1901 census ( Class: RG13; Piece: 394; Folio: 74; Page: 18. )

Can anyone find the family in 1881/91?

Thanks

Guybrush
    Hail Spode!

No luck yet Guy
    Pam

Comment

Joseph himself pops up on the 1901 census RG13; Piece: 387; Folio: 66; Page: 27.

Not found either wife or son yet tho. The only other thing I can think of is that Jessie went back to Scotland.
      Last edited by champagnegal; 20-03-09, 21:40. Reason: extra info

Comment

Think I might possibly have found a marriage for the son Joseph - April Quarter 1913 marrying Lily Fuller at St. Olaves, Bermondsey - with a possible 5 children from 1918-1930. Surmising a little, he was probably in the war.
        Last edited by champagnegal; 20-03-09, 21:52.

Comment

Ah right, thanks I'll have a look at that.

Joseph senior was living with his sister in 1891 and a widow Jane Fox in 1901. It says his status is married so I guess Jessie is still alive or at least not dead to his knowledge.

Thanks both of you for looking. I've made a couple of breakthroughs with some other Shoults today. It's just this one annoying me now.
          Hail Spode!

Comment

Working...
          X