Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Great Uncle William-1940 US census substitute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Great Uncle William-1940 US census substitute?

Hi can anyone check the "1940 census substitute" on Ancestry for me? to see if he shows up in the area he will be in?

Short Story!!!
    William C MacDonald/ William McDonald born 1894 Glasgow,
    vanished in USA in 1920's.
    Died 1968 Delaware Pennyslvania.
    From 1953 - 1968 lived at Chelsea Bethel Township Pennyslvania (this is covered by Aston and Marcus Hook Delware)
    Occupation Oil Chemical Worker possibly as a painter?

Long story!!
    Grandad always said he'd said goodbye to his brother William on the quay in New York and William had said "If I make good you'll hear from me again if I don't you won't" William was never heard of again so family "tales" say.
    Having tracked down an unknown brother of grandads who had died in WW1 which no-one had ever heard of AND his son (now over 90) and family, I thought I'd try and find out what happened to William.

Recently I found my great Uncle William C Macdonald had died in Aston Delaware Pennsylvania in October 1968.
    I'd had a possible death for him for ages from the SSDI which matched his birthdate.By chance about a month ago I came across a picture of what I now hnow is his grave on the "find a grave" site. This led to finding an obituary in the Delaware Newspaper online archive. It gave his parents names which matched my Williams and tantalising mentioned his family BUT it gave NO names. :(

William had written two letters to the newspaper one in 1953 and one in 1962 and had been admitted to hospital in 1957 and from those I found he lived at 541 Chelsea Road Chelsea Bethel Township Pennyslvania and was an Oil Chemical Worker.
    Last edited by Teresa; 14-07-09, 22:20.
Working...
X