not sure right board....help for a photo please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not sure right board....help for a photo please

anyone live near killingbeck hospital,seacroft,leeds,yorkshire,there is a cemertory there.... and there is a bench with my uncles name on it.if your going anywhere near can you please look it up and photo it for me please.;)
    his name is colin lennox taylor he died in the early 1950,s.i know it was put there by my nannie.thankyou brenda xxx

If you can bear with me for a couple of weeks Bren I can do it - my dad lives near there and I'll be off Uni and placement so I can crack on a bit , any idea where approx it is ? - Killingbeck is a big place

Comment

wow thankyou....all i know is it in the cemertory of killingbeck hospital seacroft.he died 1951 im not sure if he is burried there as well.i have a brother there he was 3 weeks old when he died.he is in a grave with lots of other babies.he died 1946/7 .the bench has colin lennox taylor and mentions he was a male nurse.i would love a photo,but dont go just for me.....again thankyou i will willing waite brenda xxx
      just a thought if there is an office maybe they can tell you....

his grave (colin lennox taylor is burried at a back of the church.got black kerb slabs round,just been told.maybe my nannie and another son .. burried there too?
      Last edited by Guest; 21-03-09, 19:09.

Comment

Hi Bren,

Seacroft Hospital has a Roman Catholic cemetery opposite it - were your family Roman Catholic?

Maybe there is another hospital in Seacroft. I am not aware of another but I live on the other side of Leeds.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

yes very nannie was she would not divorvce her husband ...yet she had a child out of wedlock...hmmmm,yes there is a childrens hospital i think,also one for people who have lost limbs..... thankyou brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by brenmac View Post
            wow thankyou....all i know is it in the cemertory of killingbeck hospital seacroft.he died 1951 im not sure if he is burried there as well.i have a brother there he was 3 weeks old when he died.he is in a grave with lots of other babies.he died 1946/7 .the bench has colin lennox taylor and mentions he was a male nurse.i would love a photo,but dont go just for me.....again thankyou i will willing waite brenda xxx
            just a thought if there is an office maybe they can tell you....

The people in the killingbeck cemetery office are marvellous,they really go out of the way to help you - they were the ones who, when I had all but given up hope of finding anything about my great great grandad found his grave, let me take a picture of the records, took me around and took photographs for me - then sent them to my home address.

his grave (colin lennox taylor is burried at a back of the church.got black kerb slabs round,just been told.maybe my nannie and another son .. burried there too?
            That's good - the back of the church is where the cemetery office is, can find my way from there - no problem Bren, glad to help

Comment

thankyou your so kind...brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
              X