Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brickwall crumbled

Hi all
    As a winner of the WDWTYA back in November I think it was ,I asked if you could find my GGGGrandfather Benjamin Moffatt born Manchester in 1871 living in Preston Lancashire,we could find nothing before this date. We came to the conclusion that he must have been born illegitimate and his mother probably not registered his birth.
    The brick wall has fallen this is how,I was cleaning my little suidy and came across his marriage cert and could not resist looking over it again. I decided to delve into his witnesses George and Mary Foster, when looking for there marriage and found that Marys maiden name Moffatt Douglas. I was jumping for joy at last a connection.
    Found Mary with her mother in the 1881 census she had married Robert Douglas in 1872 so off i went down to the records office found there marriage and her name is moffatt a widow, her father William Robertshaw an engine driver. Looked om the 1861 census and there he is Benjamin Robertshaw,his mother then went on to marry a John Moffat. At last I can sleep at night
    Thankyou all again for you time
    Linda

Wow, that's great news, Linda. I'm so glad to hear you have him sorted out at last!
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Off to look at all my witnesses again ...... you never know.

jean
      Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Comment

Working...
      X