• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashton-under-Lyne Marriages 1594-1720

I stumbled across this whilst trying to unravel a will:

It's a shame they only go up to 1720.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

But look at the detail on the commonwealth marriages!

*wishes I had Ashton Under Lyne ancestors*
    Phoenix - with charred feathers
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Phoenix, it's rather tantalising!

I have OH's Newtons back to two brothers born c. 1790 and 1780 respectively - one of their sons married one of their daugthers!

However, I don't know the parents of the two brothers. Their ancestors could well be in this list!
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Can someone add this to the Wiki, please?
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
          I stumbled across this whilst trying to unravel a will:

It's a shame they only go up to 1720.
          Unfortunately the link no longer works, so I've removed it from our reference library.

Comment

Working...
          X