Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vista Home Premium/dosen't accept HP Photosmart C5100 help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Home Premium/dosen't accept HP Photosmart C5100 help please.

I have a new Vista Home Premium Computer also a newish HP Photosmart C5100 All -in One series but Vista wont accept the photosmart I am gutted as the Photosmart is my second All-in-One and new hardley used.
    I get use with xp and others but dosen't mention Vista it then says Refer to your Computer documentation on upgrading your Computers operating system I have looked in my book but haveen't any idea what to do can anyone advise please thank you.

Have you tried contact HP Support?

HP
    Elaine

Comment

Good idea,will do that I wonder if there is a forum feeling very fed up one step forward and two back nothing is easy. will have a cup of tea first thanks for your help.

Comment

I had to add a patch from HP when I first got VISTA for my HP all in one printer, scanner and copier. im sure they will be able to help you.

Comment

5100 is a generic "series" number, you might need to download the driver for the specific model you have eg; HP Photosmart C5183 All-in-One Printer.

If you were using the HP digital imaging software then the chances are that will need replacing via the HP site too (the download version isn't as comprehensive as the disc though in my experience).

I use a 3255 All in One and after upgrading to Vista from XP i just downloaded the driver and then downloaded Photoscape for editing images.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
          My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
          My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

My photosmart is C5180 I dont know where to start I went on to HP support but not sure if my Vista is 32 or 6 something there seem to be two Vista home premium Computers going to read all my post again then start again in the morning so I will say good night back again in the morning thank you all.

Comment

Just quickly what is a patch?

Comment

Glen ,I dont know how to download a driver??

Comment

Originally posted by granabella View Post
                  Just quickly what is a patch?
                  A patch is basically an update, quite a few pre Vista software programmes have an update patch to enable them to work on Vista computers.

The HP site has an auto detect option that checks which model and HP drivers/software you have installed. It's an easy way to update without having access to all the details for your printer etc.

HP UK Support & Drivers
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                  My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                  My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Hi Granabella,

Here is the drivers page you want if your operating system is:

Vista 32bit

Select software and drivers

Vista 64bit

Select software and drivers

Comment

Gran, unless you have a high spec gaming puter or something you will be on Vista 32 bit

Comment

Hello everyone, what would we do with out this sight and all the help we get I have a few things to do then I will get down to the Computer and sought things out thank you for all the info I seem to need back later .
                        granabella

Comment

I have got as far as download or install not sure what to do now can someone please help ( this in under compatible software and drivers ) for photosmart.thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by granabella View Post
                            I have got as far as download or install not sure what to do now can someone please help ( this in under compatible software and drivers ) for photosmart.thanks again.
                            Proberbly not doing this correctly ( sorry if I am not )
                            Clicked on install it wouldent do anything them clicked onto download did that then a page came up with thank you for purchasing from Hp so dident go any further I dont know what the cost is or if I am on the right track help please in simple steps if some one would be kind enough.
                            granabella
                            feeling very down it is proberbly so simple when you no how.

Comment

A big thank you to everyone for your help, ive done it and what a relief I had a bit of a headache with the stress but all over now.
                              Granabella

Comment

Good job

Comment

It will give you confidence when you need to update anything again.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
                                    It will give you confidence when you need to update anything again.
                                    Yes getting very confident i have done another one getting realy good was a bit worried about messing my Computer up at first but am now getting there thanks again to every one.

Comment

Working...
                                    X