My Heritage Family Tree Builder HELP PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Heritage Family Tree Builder HELP PLEASE

Does anybody else use the My Heritage FTB.

Ive been using it for nearly a year and have never had a problem till now!!!

I saved my info and closed the tree down as usual last weekend and now can no longer open it back up.
    When i try it gets to 40% and i get this message
    "this application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way please contact the support team"

Ive contacted my heritage several times and have had no reply. Ive searched the web trying to find a solution and still not managed to sort it.
    Ive tried removing it and then reinstalling also tried removing and downloading to a different area in my computer and still no joy.

Im now getting quite upset and anoyed as this has all my hard work and information on. If i cant get the info out ive lost a years worth of work.

Have you tried opening a back up copy of your file, presuming that you have one!
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine

I always back the file up but stupidly i back it up using My Heritage. So the file is there on my computer but can only open it using My Heritage.

Comment

I wonder if the program is corrupted - maybe reinstalling it will solve the problem.
        I see there is a Contact facility on the My Heritage website, and also a My Heritage forum. You might getter a quicker response from there than here - not sure who uses My Heritage on FTF.
        Support - MyHeritage
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine
          Thats my problem ive contacted the support team and they havn't replied. Three times now ive emailed them and got nothing.
          I was hoping somebody else on here may use it and may have come across the same problem.

Comment

My Heritage FTB

Hiya
            I use it a lot as my private one not on the net.
            Do you have the latest update version 3.0, i think it has bugged.
            I would install New one & use your old
            member at MyHeritage, or sign in for existing members, or request a forgotten password, right from Family Tree Builder without opening a browser.

Hopefully that way it will get you back to your own site.
            If you do get it back. Do a book report on your family & save it to your desktop, then put that on disc as a backup.
            I did have a failure on my one about 3 mths ago tried to contact them but never came back. So i just downloaded another My Heritage FTB but i did not remove my other one from my computer.
            If i remember i override it.
            I also now use tribal pages as well.
            I hope you get it back ok, not very good all that work & lose it.
            tugman

Comment

Working...
            X