Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any ideas on where eleanor went?

hi,

sorry to be a pain, but 1911 has caused me another problem - as you know i have gained 2 children on 1 part of family but i seem to have lost a child on another.

eleanor lackey was born 1899 chester-le-street, she is on the 1901 census Class: RG13; Piece: 4700; Folio: 118; Page: 21. her father and real sister are on the 1911 census with fathers new wife and other 2 children, but eleanor isnt there.

she isnt living with her mother as her mother died during or just after birth in 1899. nor is she with any of the other family members - there is no eleanor (of any spelling) listed on 1911. i have searched through the deaths and the only 1 i can find is in 1997, but this eleanor was born 1908 (i think she may have married a mr lackey, becasue as above no eleanor lackey on 1911 census.)

has anyone got any ideas please?
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

What variants of Eleanor have you used Amy?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

not sure if this works

Welcome to the official 1911 Census website

but it does list variants of the Lackey name and there is an Eleanor Reed Lake born in CLS 1900 on there...
      Julie

Comment

Is there any chance she could be in one of the counties that isn't online yet, Amy?
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

who was her father?
          who were the Blacklocks to her?
          Jess

Comment

Just as a matter of interest who is Moses on the 1901? with Eleanor, it just states 'other relative'

perhaps she is with them?
            Julie

Comment

cant find him on 1911 either, julie
              someone very much like him, but he's advanced 20 year not 10. still in Chester le street though

Edit
              no he isn't was confusing his & isobella's ages
              Last edited by Jessbowbag; 18-03-09, 14:21.
              Jess

Comment

eleanor blacklock was her mother married to thomas jackson lackey her father. moses is her uncle (mums brother according to 1881).

i've tried ellenor elenor eleanor. there are 229 lackey's listed in 1911 and no form of eleanor.

Comment

Isabella appears to be married to Moses in 1901, Amy

Marriages Dec 1883
                  BLACKLOCK Moses Chester le S. 10a 721
                  RICHARDSON Isabella Chester le S. 10a 721

so theyy are, in effect her grandparents - why doesn't it say that then! doh!
                  Marriages Jun 1893
                  Blacklock Eleanor Chester le S. 10a 679
                  Lackey Thomas Jackson Chester le S. 10a 679
                  Last edited by Jessbowbag; 18-03-09, 14:20.
                  Jess

Comment

She might turn up in Northumberland when it goes online, mightn't she?
                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

hopefully. as i say i just couldnt find a death or her with the family. i havent looked for a marriage but the earliest she could hae married is 1915 when she was 16. so would still be a lackey on 1911.

unless, after the 1901 when her father re-married she stayed with the blacklocks and took on their name.

Comment

found her!!! i searched for moses and isabella blacklock on 1911 and listed living with them is LOCKEY, ELLENOR NIECE F 11 .

thanks for your help, it didnt even occur to me until you said about moses.

Comment

well done.
                          neice is variation on grandaughter I suppose

eDIT AGAIN.

Maybe she IS a niece after all. 1891 they ( moses & Isabella) dont have a daughter)

Got it - in 1881 Eleanor is Moses sister, ( the to be mother of Eleanor Jnr after she married Lackey & dies)
                          Last edited by Jessbowbag; 18-03-09, 14:33.
                          Jess

Comment

Got it - in 1881 Eleanor is Moses sister, ( the to be mother of Eleanor Jnr after she married Lackey & dies)

Comment

glad you have got her back..
                              Julie

Comment

if only the 2 from the other part of the family could be found so easily! as over on that thread, george is on order from GRO, if he isnt mine then it could be james that died at 1yr. but that still leaves 1 missing.

Comment

Working...
                                X