Grimsby RO. Any Requests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grimsby RO. Any Requests?

I shall be visiting the Grimsby, North East Lincs RO in the next couple of weeks.
    I'm not sure yet which day as the RO is only open weekdays (Council run!!) and will have to take a day off work.
    Please give rough dates and as much info as possible.

Date for visit:Monday 30th March
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 22-03-09, 17:03.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Bumping up
    Kat

Comment

bumping up:D
      Kat

Comment

Hi Kat,

Will send you a PM if that is OK?

Tom

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Ooh yes please Kat, I didn't get much while I was there due to lack of time (once I'd eventually found the place :o) )

A marriage please. Richard Dixon Smith to either Florence Lilly Landles or Frances Jane Taylor 1898 Q4. I think it's going to be Grimsby but no idea which parish. All the details you can get on this would be appreciated.

Many thanks
          Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

And if you have time... two births. I am hoping these belong to my Lavinia (aka Lucy) Joel nee Smith and Percy Joel. According to the electoral roll lavinia and her husband were living at 91 Willingham st during these years.

name removed Joel 1923 Grimsby Q4
            name removedJoel 1927 Grimsby Q4

Many, many thanks Kat.
            Last edited by KiteRunner; 26-03-09, 08:49. Reason: names removed in case they are still living
            Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

PM received OK Tom.
              Have added you to the list Jules
              Kat

Comment

Updated see first post
                Kat

Comment

Any more?
                  Kat

Comment

Originally posted by JulesSmith View Post
                    And if you have time... two births. I am hoping these belong to my Lavinia (aka Lucy) Joel nee Smith and Percy Joel. According to the electoral roll lavinia and her husband were living at 91 Willingham st during these years.

name removed Joel 1927 Grimsby Q4

Many, many thanks Kat.

Births are now Fully Transcribed from 1916 onwards now on Ancestry. It confirms that both had mmn as Smith. Was it that you needed confirmation of her christian name?
                    Last edited by KiteRunner; 26-03-09, 08:49. Reason: names removed in case they are still living
                    Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                      Births are now Fully Transcribed from 1916 onwards now on Ancestry. It confirms that both had mmn as Smith. Was it that you needed confirmation of her christian name?
                      Yes please kat, if the christian name is correct then I'm on to a good thing.
                      Jules

Comment

do you know what is covered by Grimsby RO?

Comment

Coooeee Kat :D Does the Grimsby RO hold the PRs and/or the BTs for North East Lincolnshire parishes?
                          Jeanette
                          Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
                            do you know what is covered by Grimsby RO?
                            Originally posted by Jeanette In Yorkshire View Post
                            Coooeee Kat :D Does the Grimsby RO hold the PRs and/or the BTs for North East Lincolnshire parishes?

Grimsby RO holds microfiches for the eleven northern deaneries of Lincolnshire. This includes the area of North and North East Lincolnshire, Louth and Horncastle deaneries, but not Lincoln itself.

Coooeee J, LOL
                            Last edited by Katarzyna; 26-03-09, 20:11.
                            Kat

Comment

Grimsby look up please !

Thank you for the offer katarzyna. I would like a look up.
                              I have an Arthur Mortimer age 67 died in Grimsby 1921 March quarter.
                              Would like to know more as I'm not sure he's mine. Thanks.

Comment

Will do
                                Kat

Comment

Originally posted by JulesSmith View Post

name removedJoel 1927 Grimsby Q4

Many, many thanks Kat.
                                  I had copied this across to my computer Jules so have the names.
                                  Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                                    I had copied this across to my computer Jules so have the names.
                                    Thanks Kat, knew you wouldn't forget me
                                    Jules

Comment

I bet Boston comes under Lincoln I'm sure I must have some in those areas though. I'll have a rummage and see what I can find. And if I can do anything for you in return Kat, just let me know
                                      Jeanette
                                      Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Only my two boys can call themselves Yorkshire tykes J :D
                                        Kat

Comment

Working...
                                        X