Did Arthur go to USA - lookup please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Arthur go to USA - lookup please

I have three brothers who moved from Suffolk to Co Durham to work in the coal mines. The oldest brother George Marsh b 1853 later went to Pennsylvania and then onto Washington. Harry Marsh b 1857 stayed in Co Durham but Arthur Edward Marsh b 1874 disappears after 1891. I'm wondering if he followed George to the USA. If anyone who has access to USA records would be kind enough to have a look for him I'd be very grateful.

Jane

Jane where in Suffolk was Arthur born? If no one gets back to you before I get grandson bathed and into bed I'll take a look for you.
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Thank you Daphne.

Arthur was born in Culford.

Jane

Comment

Thank you Lynda.

That does look very likely to be him. I wonder if he later married and had children.

Thank you for the information on George, but I do already know his movements and even those of some of his children and grandchildren.

Jane

Comment

Thanks Lynda.

I'm sure the second one is the son of George as that date of immigration is correct for him, so the first one is a possiblilty even though the year of immigration is wrong.

Jane

Comment

Jane,

I was kind of thinking the first one was more likely; if his wife was answering the enumerator's questions she may not have known the exact year and just said about 1890.

Can't find any of this family on the 1920 census.

Lynda

Comment

I've just found a tree on Ancestry with a Edward Arthur Marsh married to Phoebe Ann McCracken. I'm wondering if this is him and he reversed his names in later census records.

Jane

PS They have his son as Ernest Joseph so maybe his names are the other way round as well.

Comment

Pleased you got some help Jane, I've just got poorly grandson off to bed and seen to D in L who has chickenpox, or as g/son says, chickenpops
                Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Daphne,

I'm sorry to hear your grandson and D in L aren't feeling too well. I love the name "chickenpops" though.

Lynda,

That's great - thank you so much.

Jane

Comment

Lynda,

I'd love the images. I'll PM you.

Jane

Comment

Lynda, I am sorry but I have deleted your posts because of copyright.
                      We do not allow a direct copy and paste from sites such as Ancestry - any information should be transcribed into your own format/words.
                      Elaine

Comment

Working...
                      X