Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed

Hi All
    I have just come across a lovely old post card photo of a Chelsea Pensioner. Sadly we have no idea who it is. Embossed on the photo is Gordon Studios,208 Kings Rd,Chelsea. Can anyone tell me how to find out when this studio was operating. This will help date the photo.
    Thanks

I was going to suggest Google, but having tried it myself I can't find anything, sorry

Comment

Hiya
      Well it is a Habitat cafe now.
      Here is another photo from those studios.

Will keep looking for you.
      tugman

Comment

The Photo

Scan0002.jpg
        Any date ideas wanted...Thanks.

Comment

I have photos of my grandmother with a similar background at a studio in Eastbourne in the 1920s.

Comment

Again, if the photo could be made a bit bigger, cos here it will be the background which will supply the information......

Comment

The whole background is painted. The only item on show is the table he has his hand on.It's very similar to one's I have of my Grt Grandmother from 1917. I have just emailed a copy to the Chelsea Pensioners to if they can help.The uniform is correct and he has the RH on the cap.

Comment

Hi All
                For your info the Chelsea Pensioners have a Guide On Tracing Chelsea Pensioner Ancestors if you request it.

Comment

Working...
                X