Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Seaton,

I don't know if anyone can help me.
    I am looking for my Fil's father, his name is Arthur Seaton, maybe Arthur John Seaton as that is the Christian names of my Fil, I am guessing by the photo Fil has that Arthur was born between 1895 and 1905 give or take a couple of years.
    The problem arrises from the fact that this man was reputed to have gone to Australia in 1931/32
    Fil's mother Ethel E Tomsett also went to Australia at the same time but return in 1932, her trip back to the UK is on Ancestry,she left Brisbane and arrived back here in London on the 27th October 1932. She came back on the ship called 'Oronsay' Fil has the tickets from her trip, she went on the Oronsay both ways.
    Fil's father appeared to stay in Oz, I think the guy was a married man.
    I have no idea where Arthur Seaton was born.
    Ethel Tomsett was born in the UK,her birth date is the 27th Dec 1907 her reg is 1908. Surrey.

Is there any way I can check or anyone can help me look up the trip to Oz and to see if there was an Arthur Seaton on the same ship going out to Oz, we desperately need to find Fil's father as we'd like to know for medical reasons.
    Fathers name is not on Fil's birth cert, just the Seaton bit as a double barrelled surname for Fil

I think I have covered everything, I don't have worldwide Ancestry to check info from abroad.

I'd be over the moon if anyone was to be able to help.
    Thank you.
    Forgot to say Fil was born in Kent, whether his mum and Arthur Seaton were in that area before going to oz or not I don't know.
    Last edited by Bluedew; 17-03-09, 14:21.

As far as I know, passenger lists online only go up to mid-1920s.

When was your FiL born?

There are a few Arthur Seaton's on the 1901-1936 electoral roles, but it's impossible to say which one he is.
    Last edited by Orangeblossom; 17-03-09, 14:39.
    Tracy

Comment

There's an Arthur Stanley Seaton coming back from Australia in the 1950's says he is single (but the instructions on the form say that can also mean widower). This Arthur was from Wales and was married in 1914 (b 1893 from memory). He was a civil engineer.

Don't suppose for a second he's the right one, so i'm not sure why I'm posting this? lol

Comment

My Fil was born in Kent in the end of Dec 1932 so 1933 registration.

the Ethel Ellen Tomsett on the 'incoming list from Oz in 1932 is the correct one because of the 'proposed' address she would be returning to.
        She is on the 'UK Incoming Passenger Lists, 1878-1960' on Ancestry

Comment

Hi everyone, I don't know how Oz keep info on people who live there. Arthur Seaton was already living in Oz, he worked for Gatrell white Ltd, it's a bread and pastry manufacturer. in Maddison Street, Redfern. Is Redfern in Newtown, North Sydney or Waterloo?

Ethel Ellen Tomsett went to Oz with a family from the UK as there Nanny

That is all the info Fil has I'm afraid.

Comment

I have accessed White pages in Oz and have sent a letter to every 'Seaton' in the area that this Arthur Seaton worked in, in hope that I may find someone who is related to him, I shall keep you informed as to any news I may receive.

Comment

Working...
            X