No announcement yet.

FTM Internet back ups free 90 days ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM Internet back ups free 90 days ???

I paid for a years internet back up on FTM but today got this email what I want to know is are they saying they gave me 90 days free ??? or they are going to ??? as I paid for it .
    So wondering if Im entitled to it??

Internet Backup Renewal

We’re writing to let you know that your Family Tree Maker™ Internet Backup Service is coming up for renewal on April 6, 2009. Questions? Call us at 1-800-ANCESTRY.

Just a reminder
    We gave you a 90-day free trial to the backup service with your Family Tree Maker software. This service has allowed you to store backup copies (3 gigabytes max) of Family Tree Maker files on MyFamily.com. You can upload and download files with the service until your 90 days are up. But keep in mind that if you don’t renew the service after 90 days, any of your files left on our servers may be deleted.

One year. Three gigs. $9.95.
    Do nothing and we’ll renew your Internet Backup Service subscription for only $9.95 a year. We’ll bill the credit card you originally gave once a each year unless you cancel. Of course, we’ll send you a reminder email at least two weeks before your renewal date each year. And you can cancel any time by calling 1-800-ANCESTRY.

The fine print:
    We intend for the Internet Backup Service to meet or compare closely to the storage and security standards of all websites owned by The Generations Network. However, this service is provided on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty, express or implied, arising by law or otherwise. We can’t guarantee against data loss that might result from acts of God, Internet disruption, failure of third-party service providers or any other event outside our control. This service is meant to serve as a convenience and not to replace other backup efforts you’d normally use to protect your files.

We reserve the right to discontinue the backup service at any time and/or change the terms and/or price of the service after giving you at least 30 days notice before the end of any paid service year or the end of your 90-day free trial (unless you’ve already canceled). In the case that we discontinue the backup service altogether, we may delete your files at our discretion.

We’ll bill you through Ancestry.com, another part of The Generations Network. Read our Terms & Conditions for details. Please note: It’s your responsibility to keep your contact and billing information current in our system so we may reach you with renewal notices or other important details.

Thank you for allowing us to help you discover, share and preserve your family story through Family Tree Maker software and the Internet Backup Service.

Sincerely,

I think the inclusion of the paragraph about the 90 day free trial and the paragraph of the one year subscription for $9.95 are both included so that one message covers any eventuality.

When you originally installed FTM and registered the product you would have been entitled to a 90 day free trial to the backup service. Many people were not aware of this and didn't take advantage of it.

The first time is was brought to many people's attention was when the free trial had expired and a message would be sent asking if you wanted to pay the yearly fee.

I have a feeling that on new FTM installations the free trial has now been withdrawn - it isn't available on FTM2008 and 2009 anyway, which is unfortunate.
    Elaine

Comment

is that right ?? umm maybe I'll email them and ask for my 90 days then ???
      Thanks Elaine

Comment

The 90 day free trial would have started automatically from the time you installed the Family Tree Maker program on your computer. If you didn't realise at the time that there was a free trial then I think the answer will be "hard luck"!

I doubt if it will be given retrospectively.
        Elaine

Comment

no harm in asking ,will let you know

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            no harm in asking ...
            Fingers crossed!
            Elaine

Comment

Ive just renewed by internet back up - it came to 11 dollars or something with tax. Well worth it as far as Im concerned and what a shame the newer versions dont offer it.

Comment

when you say the newer versions do you mean 2009 Heather??? my friend got it and Im glad I didnt its so slow .

Comment

I think the 2006 is the only one with the facility Val. I just hope they dont stop it and the website facility.

Comment

Working...
                  X