1911 help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 help!

Is it me or has someone moved Gateshead?

I just searched for people called "William", no surname, with a six year date of birth range, born and living in Gateshead, but I only got six matches all of which were in Chester le Street district and none in Gateshead district. One six Williams? I don't think that can be right!!

Any idea what's going on? :(

maybe that part hasnt been added yet?

I am still waiting for N.O.T to be added,

praps that is/will be under Northumberland?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

From 1911 blog

"The next data release will be the final 3 English counties: Cumberland, Northumberland, Westmorland. We estimate these are approximately a month away."

1911census.co.uk blog
      Julie

Comment

I can't wait that long!!!!!!!!! What worries me is that as Gateshead isn't in Northumberland they will forget it altogether

Comment

I have sent them a question about it

Comment

hmmmn, looking at their listing for which counties are done.....

where is Rutlandshire???? :o

it looks SO odd, everywhere else has it listed as RUTLAND
            Julie

Comment

My geography always has been pretty ropey, but as Southwark was in London by 1911, could Gateshead have been administered by Newcastle by that date?
              Phoenix - with charred feathers
              Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                where is Rutlandshire????
                It's where the Rutles come from. :D:D
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Well, they have replied really quickly and I was right - Gateshead is now officially in Northumberland!! lol

Here's part of the reply:

Thank you for contacting us, Please find the answer to your enquiry below:

Gateshead is listed as part of the Northumberland county and will be online soon.

Comment

not wanting to say told you so....

;)
                    Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                      not wanting to say told you so....

;)
                      lol!

I expect they wanted to roll out something now and as Gateshead would be one of the most highly populated parts of Durham they decided to move it into Northumberland because they had got behind! lol

Comment

Typical!! Spent 2 hours this AM looking for OH's families in Gateshead and Felling.AAAH

Comment

Bet no one told my Gateshead rellies they'd been chucked over the river :D
                          Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by geordiegirl View Post
                            Bet no one told my Gateshead rellies they'd been chucked over the river :D
                            Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                              lol!

I expect they wanted to roll out something now and as Gateshead would be one of the most highly populated parts of Durham they decided to move it into Northumberland because they had got behind! lol
                              as you do...lol
                              Julie

Comment

I'm glad they left Barrow in Lancashire, if that's their thinking!

I have 3 people left to find - 1 should be in Westmorland, and I fully expect him to be, the other 2 should be in Yorkshire, but are playing hard to find.
                                Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

since durham came online today i've found everybody im looking for. except one is unsure. but it's been great!!

Comment

You're very lucky Kylejustin ....... I haven't found any (for sure) .... with not being able to get families together ... all the parishes different ... bad spelling and not being able to find a soundex way of doing a search .............. I'm struggling.

I think my lot must have all dropped their ages.

It would cost a fortune in credits ..

Jean
                                    Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Comment

i hope you get lucky jean, maybe they're spelling their names funny for the ones you can't locate.

i was lucky because everyone was in yorkshire and durham. they were all living together until after 1911, when they all slowly married off.

... edited...maybe you should post their names and see if anyone here can locate them?

Comment

I'm waiting eagerly for Cumberland... 1911 is the first census my great-grandmother will have appeared in, being born around 1907. Hoping for a break through when it eventually comes online!

Comment

Working...
                                        X