Change of ISP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of ISP

What does this mean please. I still just about receive emails from my old ISP but they all have my user name followed by this instead of the old ISP. I am not expecting to be able to use the Old One but their is always someone that you forget to tell about the change.

.pctip.net.cust.a.hostedemail.com
    Last edited by Margaret N; 17-03-09, 20:47.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Margaret you and me both having problems with emails .
    Talktalk just told me to uninstall their assist and go disc as it wont work on vista and can cause problems ??? why dont they say that in the rubbish they send then ?

Comment

Val, We keep this site going. Where would they be without us? I am not brave enough to phone TT again as that awful music......... I have not used their disc yet.
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

you can go online dont have to ring them ,I went on the forum to ask about my connection failing again ????
        Know what you mean about the music its done deliberate so we dont hang on

Comment

You have made me realise that I do not know how to contact my ISP. In fact, I am not sure who is my ISP.

Unfortunately my proverbial 8 year old grandson is with me.

Hugo

Comment

*wonders what the proverb is about 8 year old grandsons*
            Last edited by KiteRunner; 17-03-09, 09:49.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by Hugo View Post
              You have made me realise that I do not know how to contact my ISP. In fact, I am not sure who is my ISP.
              Hugo, the IP address that is logged with this site shows that your service provider is Telefonica. Check on your normal telephone bill to see if there is an internet charge shown, although you may have one of the all inclusive packages so not sure what will be shown in that case. Alternatively check your bank statements as there will probably be a monthly or bimonthly ISP charge hidden amongst your water bills, electric bills and all the other bills!
              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                Hugo, the IP address that is logged with this site shows that your service provider is Telefonica. Check on your normal telephone bill to see if there is an internet charge shown, although you may have one of the all inclusive packages so not sure what will be shown in that case. Alternatively check your bank statements as there will probably be a monthly or bimonthly ISP charge hidden amongst your water bills, electric bills and all the other bills!
                That will be O2 in the UK then
                https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grimsqueaker View Post
                  That will be O2 in the UK then
                  ... but Hugo lives in Spain!
                  Elaine

Comment

Val,
                    I would like to use the TT forum but while my account is in such a mess I want to receive a Paper Bill. The help line told me that if I registered for the forum that I would only get an e bill. OK I can print if off but I think under the circumstances I would like it on their headed paper just for now.

If I can go on to the forum without loosing the paper bill maybe someone can tell me please. I sent customer services an email to ask this question at the end of February. I had a reply asking for my Bank Detail in fine detail. It could only have been a scam so deleted it quickly.

Hope that you noticed on my other thread that the email problem is sorted. But where did the masses of mail go that he sent me?
                    Last edited by Margaret N; 17-03-09, 21:31.
                    Margaret N

Comment

KiteRunner,

I first heard it when video recorders first came out. I could never, and still don't, understand how to programe the things and I was not alone. Yet youngsters seemed to adapt to them like ducks to water.

Elain,

My ADSL contract is with Europa although Telefonica provides the landline.

No matter, my thanks to everyone.

*Hopes KiteRunner stops muttering*

Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret N View Post
                        Hope that you noticed on my other thread that the email problem is sorted. But where did the masses of mail go that he sent me?

Margaret, there must be somebody who actually has that email address that he accidentally sent them to, and that person received them. And most likely deleted them!
                        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Margaret, you can go on the Talktalk forum. Ive been on there yesterday because my land line was withholding my phone number when I rang anyone - which looks a bit dodgey especially when I work from home. Id asked them to block phone calls which withheld numbers (Id had so much hassle night and day from overseas calls trying to sell us stuff - you cant block them with the preference thing). Anyway, to cut a long story short they had blocked calls coming in but had also withheld our number when we rang out.

I did ring them twice and they said it was sorted but it wasnt so I went on the forum yesterday, whinged about it and one of the talktalk admin people on there pmd me for account details and 2 hours later it was all sorted

Heres the forum page:

Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 18-03-09, 14:00.

Comment

Margaret if you are worried about losing contact with any people in your old email message book, why dont you just transfer the lot over?

Comment

Working...
                            X