Messenger Password problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messenger Password problems

I seem to be having a lot of trouble opening msn as it keeps saying I am using the wrong password ??
    I have tried changing my password but it still wont work so have tried to uninstall it and reinstall but it recognises me and still asks for the password
    Any ideas
    Is there a way of changing the password and email address without uninstalling it ????
    Thanks

I think you can get it to send you a lost password, or have you already tried that, Val?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

hi Kite yes I did and I used that one but the very next time I tried ot log on it asked for the correct password again and would not accept it .
      I am fed up trying to log on so hoped to be able to uninstall the lot and start again with a new email and password but it recognises me ???

Comment

Is there no way of selecting log on as different user or something when you get that? I haven't got it on my computer yet so I can't check easily but I seem to remember finding a way round it, can't remember exactly how though. I know it was quite complicated!
        KiteRunner

Comment

yes I tried that too and whatever one I try it says wrong password even though I know it isnt ???? GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR
          Thanks for trying to help

Comment

My grandaughter had the same problem a few weeks ago, my daughter eventually sorted her out with a new mail address and password. I had wondered if someone knew her password and had changed it, you know what kids are like.

Its a bit late tonight as she will probably be in bed but if you haven't sorted it out tomorrow, let me know and I will ask her how she did it.
            Kathleen

Comment

thanks Kathleen would appreciate it as I wont be able to talk to my mates again tonight sob sob sob
              I did start a new one but its still saying the password is incorrect but I know it isnt ??

Comment

Val my daughter said she had to create a new user name and password for her and had made several attempts before she was able to do it.

She tried so many different ways so can't remember what finally worked, I remember the saga went on for days but I think she most likely did what Kite suggested and started up the pc as a 'guest' instead of signing in as usual.

Hope this works for you but you will need to enter all your contacts again; to avoid this can you contact MSN to see if they have another solution.
                Kathleen

Comment

Originally posted by Kath nr the Crooked Spire View Post
                  I remember the saga went on for days but I think she most likely did what Kite suggested and started up the pc as a 'guest' instead of signing in as usual.
                  I didn't suggest that - I wouldn't even know how to do it! I know what we did was only to do with MSN Messenger; I just can't remember exactly what!
                  KiteRunner

Comment

thanks think its sorted now fingers crossed ,but what a palaver .

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                      Is there no way of selecting log on as different user or something when you get that? I haven't got it on my computer yet so I can't check easily but I seem to remember finding a way round it, can't remember exactly how though. I know it was quite complicated!
                      Sorry Kite I thought this was what you meant - logging on as a different user. I meant logging on to the pc not MSN
                      Last edited by Kath nr the Crooked Spire; 17-03-09, 20:30.
                      Kathleen

Comment

Oh, I see now, Kath. No, I just meant logging onto MSN as a different user!
                        KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                        X