Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hoping someone can help....

hi all,

I have a amplias bradshaw in birmingham she married john bradshaw who were canal boat people but i can't find her on a census other than with john and family i am trying to find her maiden name or parents and siblings, if anyone can shed some light it would be great.

thanks kmt

If she is not showing up easily on freeBMD then it would be worthwhile getting a copy of one of the children's birth certificates which would give her maiden name.
    Elaine

Comment

Do you have some idea of when they might have married - when and where have you found them together on the census?
      Elaine

Comment

hi elaine both john and amplias were born abt 1835 birmingham they also had a daughter named amplias in 1860

kmt

Comment

In the 1841 and 1851 censuses there is an Amplias Farr - similar age to yours.

1841, Kidderminster, Amplias Farr, age 9 living with parents Sarah and Thomas, siblings James and Ann.

1851 same family but the added bonus of mother-in-law Phoebe Williams b 1772 in Dudley.

Being Scottish I am not too familiar with English geography so I hope this area is not too far from Birmingham.
          Apologies if I am on the wrong track.
          herky
          Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

hi herky thanks for that do you know what the occupation of amplias's father is?

kmt

Comment

I think Amplias Farr married Alfred Cook in 1854. They are together on some of the later censuses.

Comment

Sorry - I have obviously got the wrong one - back to the drawing board!
                herky
                Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Just for somewhere to start from, this is the 1871 census, which I'm sure you already have:
                  Burslem Wharf, Burslem
                  John Bradshaw Head Mar 35 Captain Warwicksh Birmingham
                  Amplias Do Wife Mar 36 Do's Wife Do Do
                  Amplias Do Daur 11 Staffordsh Tipton
                  John Do Son 8 Do Do
                  Sarah S Do Daur 5 Do Do
                  William Do Son 4 Do Do
                  Ruth Do Daur 1 1/2 Do Do

but you will probably be best to get one of the children's birth certificates, as said above, if we can't find the marriage. Probably Amplias jr's birth cert would be the best one as there aren't many people with the same name as her.
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

hi kite runner yes thats the family thanks

i have found that marriage but i went back and found amplias's father has a canal boatman?

but thanks all for looking:(

kmt

Comment

Not that this is any help but Amplias Bradshaw is listed as Amplia Bradshaw in the 1891 census on ancestry.
                      P 1019
                      f 54
                      p 50
                      herky

Comment

thanks for that herky, i will keep searching,

kmt

Comment

Working...
                        X