Reginald A Molyneux b 1906

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reginald A Molyneux b 1906

Good Morning.......I`m trying to find more details about Reginald Molyneux b 1906 registered West Derby (Liverpool) 8b 622....(my wifes grandfather)...on his marriage to Olive Watkins in 1929 he is down as Reginald A Molyneux...I would like to find out what the A stands for...and also,we believe he was born in Woolton (2 miles from Garston)...I would like to look for him on the 1911 census and see who his parents and siblings were..forgot to add that Reginalds birth is not registered on Lancashire bmd..any help/advice appreciated...allan
    Last edited by garstonite; 16-03-09, 11:30.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

I suppose the obvious way to find out his middle name is to order his marriage certificate, but there may be another way. Do you know when he died?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Allan, were his parents Thomas and Kate?

There's no middle name/initial on his birth reg, nor on the 1911 census (if his parents are as above)

I expect he added another name later (prsuming you are sure you have the right marriage!)

Do you know when he died?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't actually read all of your first post!

Comment

Merry, I think that one you are looking at is the one born Runcorn, isn't it? If you check on FreeBMD that is a separate birth entry from the W Derby one.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Forget Thomas and Kate's son - that's the wrong family.

Trying again!

Comment

Oh that's odd.

This is him- not West Derby at all!

Births Mar 1909
              MOLYNEUX Reginald Archibald Prescot 8b 735

The above was born in Woolton!!

Parents............*waves magic wand*............

Comment

thankyou both..just been on 1911 census but came up NO MATCHES...a little confusing...I only met him once...I know he commited bigamy and went to jail for it...he moved "down south " and died there...Olive died 12 years ago, so I think he died about 20 yrs ago...I haven`t any details on him or his family...thats why I am `Having a Go ` at my wifes descendants...my kids and grandkids are telling me off...I go to 1650 with MY family...they want to see more about their OTHER g/parents etc....sorry I can`t help more but thats why I need help....because he committed Bigamy he was ostricised from the family...regards.allan
                Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

there are three reginald arthur's according to freebmd.

Births Sep 1898
                  Molyneux Reginald Arthur Bedford 3b 338

Births Mar 1903
                  Mole Reginald Arthur Wellingbro' 3b 134

Births Dec 1906
                  Mole Reginald Arthur Brentford 3a 84

as you can see, only one is a molyneux, and im not sure it's the right area either.

Comment

Oh, just Alice! lol (presume she is mother - only older person called Molyneux in the house)

Brother Frank aged 2 in 1911.

Woolton is in Prescot district which is how I reALISED YOU HAD THE WRONG BIRTH DETAILS!! (sorry, caps lock!)

Comment

Wow thanks Merry....no wonder I was struggling....why would someone who is from Woolton and in the West Derby district go to Runcorn (although only 8 miles away ,it is another County)...that is confusing...any ideas ?...maybe Reginalds mother was from Runcorn ??....allan

Comment

Alice Molyneux is listed as wife rather than head in 1911, so she is more than likely a married woman even if her OH is "missing" (at least he isn't showing up for me!)

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                          Wow thanks Merry....no wonder I was struggling....why would someone who is from Woolton and in the West Derby district go to Runcorn (although only 8 miles away ,it is another County)...that is confusing...any ideas ?...maybe Reginalds mother was from Runcorn ??....allan
                          You said he was born in Woolton and Woolton isn't in the West Derby district, it's in Prescot district.

Forget Runcorn, that was a child the right age, but not the right child.
                          Your chap is still in Prescot district (possibly still in Woolton) in 1911 with mum Alice and brother Frank.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                            Oh that's odd.

This is him- not West Derby at all!

Births Mar 1909
                            MOLYNEUX Reginald Archibald Prescot 8b 735

The above was born in Woolton!!

Parents............*waves magic wand*............

Isn't this the one who died in Sussex April 1994 ?
                            ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

They are living in Woolton and Reg and Frank were born there. Alice says she was born abt 1889 and it's somewhere other than Woolton!

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
                                Isn't this the one who died in Sussex April 1994 ?
                                Oh, That doesn't sound good (I thought all of Allan's family were glued to Garston!!)

Comment

*waits for Allan to confirm death, before killing self finding Alice's maiden name* :(:D

Comment

thanks Merry...so I take it that Alice is his mum and Frank his brother....1911 census..I`ll see if I can Find a marriage for them ...was Prescot Lancashire then ??....might be Cheshire..Widnes is and thats right next to it...be back soon...allan...thanks again Merry;)
                                    ADDED...I`m so slow at typing...YES Rachel/Merry....that will be his death...I know he was down there when he visited our family in 1982.....allan
                                    Last edited by garstonite; 16-03-09, 11:55.

Comment

he moved "down south " and died there...about 20 years ago
                                      I must have missed this bit before, so Rachel's death (erm, that doesn't sound right!!) is probably the one! (15 years ago is near enough??)

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                                        *waits for Allan to confirm death, before killing self finding Alice's maiden name* :(:D
                                        hahahhahahahaaa. merry your my late night jerry springer.

Comment

Working...
                                        X