6 probate look-ups TODAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 probate look-ups TODAY!

My daughter and I have decided to go to the Probate Office today in London.

I could manage to do 6 on a first-come, first-served basis!

Remember they have to be post 1858.

I'll be leaving just after 9am, so get in there quick!
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

OOo thank you
    William Price James Wilson died in the last quarter of 1875 in/around Edmonton Middlesex. He was a Professor of Music/composer
    (To be quite honest I don't suppose he had tuppence to his name but you never know.
    Happy hunting
    JJJ

Not much response so far so maybe I could ask for his wife too - Amellia Mary Wilson died in last qu. of 1895 in/around St. Saviour district. Not to worry if I'm being too greedy. Thanks so much
    Last edited by norwayjane; 16-03-09, 08:24.

Comment

hi elizabeth ,

could you see if there is one for marian vye morton, or her husband john? both died in leeds in 1921.

or one elizabeth sophia lindley, who died in 1855 in altrincham, cheshire. her husband john died in 1862, same place?

thankyou. doesn't matter if you can't find or fit one in.
      Last edited by kylejustin; 16-03-09, 08:35.

Comment

Norway Jane and Kyle Justin -

your requests have been noted! I hope to report back later.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Hi Elizabeth,

If you haven't left yet, could you please check this one for me?

Ellen Matilda North, spinster, died Lichfield, Staffordshire, in March 1952.

Next of kin: sisters Elizabeth Mary Sharpe, Florence Pool, Elsie Buffey, Constance Alice North and Mabel Gertrude Rhodes.

Thanks very much

Comment

You just got in there in time, Mary!

Just about to set off, so I'll report back later.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

Phew! That was a bit of luck

Comment

I've sent you all a pm.

It was rather mixed - some had better results than others.

I had one or two gems, which made up for some which I couldn't find.
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:

Comment

Thanks very much to Elizabeth, who found just the person I was looking for.

I'm very grateful to the people who offer to do probate look-ups, because that's one of the things that's a real problem for those of us who don't live in the UK.

Comment

i totally agree mary.

thankyou so much elizabeth. glad to see you had some luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X