marjorie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marjorie

Is Midge short for Marjorie, I've been looking for a family member of my hubbys who I know was called Midge but not been able to find her registered under Midge as I assume Midge is shortened. I have recently found a Marjorie as a poss what do you think. At least it is not as bad as my family member called Ciss as that seems to be a shortened version for many names!!!!!
    GWEN

or madge brenda xxx

Comment

thanks Brenda I just do not get some of these shortened names as Midge or Madge is nothing like Marjorie!
      GWEN

Comment

My Auntie Marjorie was known as Marje or Marjie. Don't think I ever heard her called Midge though.

Some names bear no resemblance to the original at all though. When my brother was small he couldn't say 'Susan' and used to call me 'Disna' which stuck as my family name for years. Nobody would ever have guessed my real name from that. :D
        My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

I always thought Midge was a nickname for someone small (as in midget) and nothing to do with a first name. I had a friend called Midge who's name was Michelle:-)
          Asa

Comment

I agree with Asa, Midge is a short version for Midget, though googling has found it might be a pet name for Margaret.
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

your lucky, when we were little, my mate couldn't call me kyle, so she called me 'cow'
              the closest she could get. boy, was that hard to get over in school.

Comment

Working...
              X