Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font size BELOW 8 needed!

HELP..........ANYBODY!,

Can anybody head me in the right diretion... I have been hunting high and low on my systems and just can't find an answer.

I translate a lot of certificates for a variety of genealogy and citizenship requirements. For certain work I need to try and produce a translation as 'visually' faithful to the original as possible - as opposed to the 'straight verbal' translation required for many uses.

But this is the problem - I can easily build the template that I require using MS Word (or at a push Smart Draw) but try as I might, I just can't get the font size down to the 6 or 7 that is needed on most section headings. On a short certificate this does not represent a problem - plenty of room on the page - but on (for example) an American 'long version' of a death certificate or a marriage certificate and license and this causes the certificate to extend well beyond the standard A4 size.

I have followed the 'Word' guidance on the question - but it doesn't work. I need to be able to set the font default at maybe 6 or (at a pinch 7).

Any advice would be sooooo gratefully recieved

Thanks,

elba, I don't know which version of Word you have, but this will work using Word 2003 and earlier:
    1. Assuming you want to set the default font to 6, select Font from the Format menu.
    2. Select the font and font style you wish to use
    3. In the size box, overtype the value with 6
    4. Click on the Default button and confirm when prompted

If you only want to change the size for certain text, highlight it and overtype the font size in the box on your formatting toolbar and press return, or use the above method without clicking on Default.

If you only want to set the default for the fonts in the template, try using the Styles feature. Let me know if you want instructions for this.
    Last edited by lorry53; 15-03-09, 08:16.
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

^^^^ what lorry said ^^^^

works in 2007 too
      https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Thank you both so much for answering so quickly...

I've just got back to the PC now and I tried the way lorry 53 advised and
        EUREKA - IT WORKED

thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you

I use an upgraded Italian version of Office 2003 on Vista. It caused me countless problems until Microsoft stepped in and downloaded 3 service packs to make Word 2003 work in Italian on an English Vista base. It kept letting me get halfway through a 'saved' document and would just crash and loose all the work (saved or not).But this was the final glitch that caused me problems and now - thanks to you great people - it is a problem no more....

All I've got to do now is solve how to get the work printed
        >See My Print Assistant HERE<

Comment

Originally posted by elba View Post
          All I've got to do now is solve how to get the work printed
          >See My Print Assistant HERE<
          LOL! :D

Glad it all worked OK, elba.
          Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Working...
          X