Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been talked into getting this by my sister & have today bought the requisite headset.
    Trouble is my computer won't let me download it, keeps saying publisher not recognised.
    Do I have to disable my AVG etc?
    Vivienne passed away July 2013

i googled skype and downloaded it from there but i didnt like it i stuck to messenger brenda xxx

Comment

I know Jilly uses it Viv - maybe get in touch with her?
      Just Mandy

"They certainly broke the mould when they made me!"

Comment

"Publisher Not recognized" is something to do with Microsoft I think - does that help?:D

Comment

Just ignore that Viv long as your downloading from the proper skype site her below, thats just windows not recognising the signature of it ;;;

Skype 4.0 for Windows - Download the latest version of Skype and get free computer calls
          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Tried that Babs but it just stops the download dead in it's tracks.

Comment

Can you go back to where you got it from, and try another brand or ask them what you need to do
              ~Val~

Comment

Hi Val, It's nothing to do with the headset, haven't even plugged that in yet.
                It's the download from the Skype site, has no-one else had this problem?

Comment

Vivienne,

I wonder if it might be worth moving this thread over to our Computer section - we seem to have a couple of experts who help out over there on a regular basis but I´m not sure that they visit the General board.

Alternatively, there is a Skype forum - I´ve had a search through but cannot see anyone with the same problem as you - but it might be worthwhile posting a query.
                  Skype Support Forum

(If you want your thread moved then just ask.)
                  Elaine

Comment

I downloaded skype about a month ago, it went fine for me. I use Vista Home edition.

I think I was getting some sort of message similar to you, on the first webcam I had that I took back, I reckon it was an older model, but it still worked ok until microphone went .
                    ~Val~

Comment

Thank you Elaine, could you move the thread over please.
                      I tossed up which board to post on & plumped for this one as more people visit here than there.

Comment

Moved to Computer forum - hope you have better luck here!
                        Elaine

Comment

All sorted, I'm in!

Comment

I have SKYPE now and what a great thing it is!!! Enjoy it Vivienne!!
                            Vanessa Tallon passed away September 2011

Comment

Working...
                            X