I'm like a cat with two tails!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm like a cat with two tails!!!

I'm over the moon ... finally got my book together ...it's made it all worth while.

I know I haven't really finished and will keep researching but I thought I'd better get the information I have, all down in book form or my lot would just chuck it all out with the rubbish.

Anyway I've tried to attach a photo but I always have trouble, so it might not work...here goes.

Jean
    Attached Files
    Jean....the mist is starting to clear

That looks lovely, Jean

Congratulations!

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine ..... it's in a lovely sleeve ..... I'm so chuffed ..... I've been talking about it for that long .. the family thought it would never happen. 10 years work .... now to start again ..... lol.

jean

Comment

Hi Jean,

long time no see... still doing the photos?

can I ask a few questions? it looks very professional.. can you physically add to it, or not?

I wouldnt know where to begin with a book.. I know you can do them in FTM but I don't have a clue.

was it difficult?

Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie ... nice to hear from you.

My patience and eyesight are not very good with photographs now so I only do them when needed.

Yes I'm so pleased with the book, I had it done by a professional binder... well.. I thought the work I'd put in deserved it. I can't add to it though, unless I just do an update or second addition. I want to do another copy anyway so I think I'll wait until the 1911 census for durham, westmorland and Northumberland are out properly, then renumber the pages and put in the additions.

I did mirror margin the book, making the internal margin wider the the outer one .. so that it would be easier to open when bound .... then numbered the pages. I did use a double sided matt photo paper.

Once I got going it was quite easy..I started with the same as any other book, title page, acknowledgements, dedications, contents, then I did my early childhood up to marriage, with photographs.
          I then did my father's father's family (starting as early as I could and working only up to the 1901 census, then my father's mother's family ... then all the families that married into the families .. all with seperate headings and including photographs, headstones, bt's and anything else I could find.
          Then I did the same with my mother's side.
          Then a conclusion
          Then pages of information ie. about the British census, BT's, dates in history, kinship report, any newspaper cuttings, interesting old letters and anything I found of interest that I needed to add after I'd finished.
          I ended with photographs of my family now ie. children and grandchildren, daughter in laws, son in laws, dogs, birds and anything else you seem to collect when you marry ....lol.

I did write in the acknowledgement, that it wasn't for publication ... as some of the information and photographs will have copyright on them.

Hope this helps ..... go on ...get cracking.

JEAN sorry ..... should said, I numbered the pages after I'd finished
          Last edited by Jean and Tonic; 14-03-09, 18:55.

Comment

That looks great.

I hope your family and friends appreciate it. What a lovely thing to have I would love to have a read through something like that.

I think you've done a great job I just wish I'd get organised enough to get my information down like that.

Comment

Thanks Maggie

Comment

Wow Jean

alot of work then, but sounds like you have done the job very well.

At the moment I dont feel I have enough to go on to create a book, I have so much I want to research, but time at the moment escapes me.

it would be nice at some point to collate, and have my findings that I have proven bound.

you have every right to be proud !!
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Jean, that looks fantastic, and what a lot of hard work, well done

Comment

It looks wonderful. I hope one day I can write a book like that.
                    Kit

Comment

I like the cover and I am sure the contents are as good. Well done.

Janet

Comment

Thankyou, I'm so pleased at all the kind words ..... you don't very often praise for a job well done at my time of life... that's over 21 ........ lol.

Jean

Comment

looks absolutely fantastic. well done!!

Comment

Working...
                          X