Where do i go from here ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do i go from here ???

Many of you know i have been waiting back for my grandmothers Birth certificate.....

This morning a letter and my cheque arrived back...no Certificate

Because i do not have an exact date for her Birth and just the year they cant find her for me...well they can but it between £15 and £50...plus the certificate and i cant do that...

so back to square one....the brick wall....

Is your grandmother still alive?
    If not, post up her details of what you think/know & we can try & find her for you.
    If she ia alive you could PM me her details & I will see if I can help.
    Bridget

Comment

Is she listed on the GRO index? If so, you could apply there instead.
      Where was she registered?
      Tracy

Comment

Is this about the Sarah E Lowe lady, b 1877 in Sheffield?

Comment

Hi Bridget,No shes no longer alive...The kind people on here have helped luck but no success this time..

Hi Tracy...she was registed in Sheffield...

Comment

Merry you got it

Comment

So the problem was that she is on the 1901, a servant, and on the 1911, but doesn't seem to exist before 1901?

I remember her father began with A.....and he was something to do with metalwork (hardly surprising coming from Sheffield!). Can you remind us??

You've said on this thread that she was registered in Sheffield, but also that there's no certificate, so that's a bit confusing!! lol

Comment

Ok her father was Arthur and yes i know sheffield because on the 1911 Census it says that where she was born...

Joan i havent seen that...i have been looking for Sarah E Lowe....

Comment

Originally posted by chich View Post
                  Ok her father was Arthur and yes i know sheffield because on the 1911 Census it says that where she was born...

Joan i havent seen that...i have been looking for Sarah E Lowe....
                  I know it doesnt make things any easier, but she could have 'invented' the middle name,

did she have any older siblings?
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                    did she have any older siblings?
                    We don't know, because she is a servant away from family in 1901 and married (I think) in 1911. Before 1901 she "doesn't exist"!!

Comment

Hang on a minute, I just checked your earlier thread & you say she died in 1966 aged 79 !!

Surely that would make her year of birth 1887 then not 1877 ??

Joanie

Comment

Do you have her marriage cert? If so what was her age at marriage & her father's name? I notice you say it was Albert on the other thread, is that from the marriage cert?

Joanie

Comment

I thought it was Albert too, but I know I do get those names mixed up!

I think it's my fault about the birth date......I asked if this thread was about Sarah Lowe 1877 and Jo said yes, but that date is wrong! Should be 1887. My memory isn't so good!

This is correct from prev thread:

Originally posted by chich View Post
                          Ok her name was Sarah Ellen Lowe..

she died on the 1,st March 1966 and it says she was 79...

on her marriage certificate which is 28th April 1917 it says she is 28 years...

Comment

do you know her MMN?

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
                              do you know her MMN?
                              The only record about her parents is her dad's name and occ on her marriage cert, but there's no joy finding Sarah in 1891 when she might have been with her parents.

Comment

what about this one?
                                Class: RG12; Piece: 3825; Folio 34
                                To see other family and parents you have to go to the previous image.
                                I know her dob is out by a couple of years and her middle initial is 'a' but shecould of changed it as it is the same as her mothers!

Comment

I think that Sarah A Lowe is still with her parents in 1901, whilst Sarah Ellen Lowe is 14 and a servant at that time :o

Comment

I have no idea ...this is why i am trying to find out her birth etc...i wouldnt have thought she was an only child..

Comment

It strikes me her name probably wasn't Lowe to begin with......

Comment

oh do you think so.....oh flip....and yes her father was Albert i am sorry i get so confused !

Comment

Working...
                                        X