Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish grandparents

Hi,
    Is it possible for me to find information for births in ireland from 1915-1919?
    I was hoping to find my grandparents birth certificates as the information about them is limited at the moment.
    Also does anyone know if it is possible to view passenger lists of find out when people came to england from ireland? I am trying to find out when my grandparents came to england, as i know they married in london but would be good to know if they knew each other before coming to england or if it was simply living in the same area they met. We think they came across in the 40's but have no information to say they came together.
    Not sure if this is relevant but they both came from dublin, and i have found possible matches of their families on the 1911 census but it was before they were born so part guess work and knowledge.
    thanks sorry about the long post!
    emma

Try Familysearch - Record Search. They have the Irish BMD index on there. Found my Great grandmother and her siblings on there.

FamilySearch Record Search
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks for the link i'll give it a go

Comment

Hi,
        Do you know if you can order certificates from england? or would you need to go to ireland?
        i found an application for for birth certificates but not i wouldn't be able to put much information down other than what there records tell me
        thanks

Comment

You can get them direct from Ireland.

The General Register Office Ireland :: An tSeirbhís um Chlárú Sibhialta
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
          X