Two for restoration please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two for restoration please

Finally resolved the problem of uploading to Photobucket! (Internet Explorer problem apparently). These are of my parents. The one of my Dad looks like it has been cut out of a larger photo - it also looks like he has been decapitated at some stage, and there is a piece of sellotape on his head as well! Can someone please try and make him better? The one of my Mum I hope just needs some cleaning. Joy.

Joy

joy i think you need to put them on the restoration thread but someone will i suppose see this and help brenda xxx

Comment

They are fine here!
      Bren, we have discontinued the original restoration thread - each member now starts his/her own thread.
      Elaine

Comment

ok sorry lol brenda xxx

Comment

This was a bit of a tuffy so had a go at putting a studio background to make it look something hope its ok.

3 types

Comment

Hi Joy

She is a good looking women

Comment

One from me

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Rachel I think it looks better on your plain background with a bit of dark shade
                blends in better. I think mines a bit too fussy and sticks out to much. also I forgot to smooth the skin :D

Comment

I can't tell you how delighted I am with what you've both done! My Dad looks as though he's in a proper photograph now. As for my Mum, it is my favourite photograph of her and I get quite emotional looking at it as she died just a few weeks ago. It was the photo my Dad always carried in his wallet. It looks fantastic now, thanks to you. I'm putting together a family scrapbook for my sister's 60th birthday later this year, and these two photos will be a major part of it. Thank you again. Joy.
                  Joy

Comment

and a quick clean of Mum
                    So sorry to hear of her loss, she's lovely

If you'd like sepia or colour please shout

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Rachel. That's really lovely! Could you do a sepia one for me please?
                      Joy.
                      Joy

Comment

what did you use there Rachel to clean the photo up?

Comment

Originally posted by Joy Lewis View Post
                          Rachel. That's really lovely! Could you do a sepia one for me please?
                          Joy.
                          Here's Mum in sepia (with a tidied background) + a sepia Dad as well

Comment

Originally posted by Britec View Post
                            what did you use there Rachel to clean the photo up?
                            Which one Brian ?

Am disappearing for a while but will be back later

Comment

the lady one

Comment

Originally posted by Britec View Post
                                the lady one
                                A little noise reduction, followed by cloning and blurring.

On the background I used another noise reduction filter (dust and scratches).

Comment

They're both really lovely - thanks again. Joy
                                  Joy

Comment

Working...
                                  X