Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF Document - copy one page only?

Evening all.

Does anyone know how I can save one page of a PDF document?

I am going through the Kellys Directory and want to save the relevant page onto my pc so that I can attach it to the relevant person in my tree, but i can only seem to save the entire 400 pages.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Can you do a screenshot of the relevant page?
    Elaine

Comment

Oo, good thinking, will try now.

Comment

Doesnt seem to work very well unfortunately.
        Even with cropping and resizing, doesnt really like it.

Comment

Where are you viewing the Kelly´s Directory?
          Elaine

Comment

Its an old cover disk that i found it a box.
            Its a huge pdf file.

Comment

I can do it on my mac using a program called Preview which can change file formats

If you struggle to do it let me know and I'll have a go. You would need to send me the original pdf though and it will have to be saved in another format
              Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

In Adobe, document, extract pages, save.
                Cheers
                Guy
                Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Is the relevant Kelly´s Directory on the Historical Directories site?
                  When you are viewing them on there you can save each page as a separate image.
                  Historical Directories
                  Elaine

Comment

Unfortunately it looks like its password protected, and wont let me extract pages.

Comment

That particular doesnt appear to be Elaine, but there are a couple more on there that are usual.
                      Good website....

Comment

If it is copy protected then the only way to get an image would be to do a screenshot, but that probably be very good quality.
                        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I use MWSnap for screenshots. It's freeware, very user friendly and an excellent utility. It allows you to capture whole windows or just part of them.
                          Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Why don't you simply post the source and page then perhaps someone may be able to provide a single page image.
                            Cheers
                            Guy
                            Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

I don't know what quality you are after , but here is a page from a Kellys that I copied earlier.
                              I did a screenshot and then cropped to get this.
                              It is acceptable to me.
                              [IMG][/IMG]

Ken

Comment

Karen
                                PM me
                                I have Adobe Writer (not just reader) and have can do exactly what you want

Researching:
                                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Or you can use Screenhunter
                                  This is a screen capture utility that captures only the sections of the screen that you draw your cursor around.
                                  I use it daily at the college when creating guides etc.
                                  ScreenHunter Free - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Researching:
                                  FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by lorry53 View Post
                                    I use MWSnap for screenshots. It's freeware, very user friendly and an excellent utility. It allows you to capture whole windows or just part of them.
                                    I have used MWSnap for many years and it does the job.

Augustus

Comment

Here's another solution...

You can get ‘virtual printers’, programs that appear to your computer as a printer but instead of printing produce a PDF file. I use PDFCreator, a free download. With the Kelly’s up and running, note which page[s] you want, then go to File/Print. Set the printer as your virtual one and the selected page number then click on Print or OK. The prog’s ‘Save as’ dialogue box will pop up. Choose your filename and destination and click Save. End result? A new PDF file with just the page or pages you want.:p

Comment

Working...
                                      X