Our Wiki links are GREAT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Wiki links are GREAT!

When stuck, don't forget to use our Wiki.

Some time ago on Rootsweb I found a ref to Emma, one of my lost rellies having gone to Queensland.
    A link on our Wiki allowed me to search the historical section of the Queensland State records and I found births for a string of children and also the immigration details for the parents, a newly-married couple, who sailed for Australia in Feb 1886, 3 weeks after their wedding.

Emma's older sister Annie, husband & 3 children "disappeared" after an 1885 Yorkshire baptism of a son. I'd already looked at the Queensland births under their surname, to no avail.

Last night I used the Wiki links again to take me to the Queensland historical records and tried for deaths. Up popped the 1903 death of their child bp in the Uk in 1885! (God bless the Oz records for giving full details of parents.) The link to immigration records showed this family also sailed to Queensland, in Dec 1885, arriving a couple of weeks before the other sister.

So, many, many thanks to all who contribute to our Wiki. The links make searching so quick and easy.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree
Working...
X