trying to find....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to find....

Charles Moss death. He must have died between 1901 and 1911 as he is with his wife and family in 1901 but not in 1911. I can only see one on freebmd in 1906 but he has a middle name and my Charles doesn't use one at all throughout the census' but its the right age. It is registered under Hackney but their last known address was kingston on the 1901 census!
    Can anyone see another possible?
    Thanks
    Tessie

Was his family in Kingston in 1911?

Vicky X

Comment

yes, at least it is under his wife and not his. I can't look at image until I get some credits which will be next week. But I am assuming he died as it is his wife and not him a the head.

Comment

Many people used only one name on the census, even if they had more than one to choose from. Some only used initials.

People also acquired/shed/modified names during their lifetimes. If everything else is consistent, I'd be seriously tempted - but you can never guarantee, of course!

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Oh I will look when I get credits just to see! However, if he is not there I am going to have to buy some death certs and hope I hit one eventually!
          Thanks

Comment

What about this one, if he was just not with his family in 1911?

Deaths Dec 1915
            Moss Charles 71 Kingston 2a 615

Comment

This will probably be the one in 1911 that Merry found the death of -

HOUSEHOLD MOSS CHARLES M 1845 66 Kingston Surrey
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

hmmm, death is in right place but his age is out by 4 yrs. Where did you find that 1911 ref? I couldn't find him only his wife?

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
                  yes, at least it is under his wife and not his. I can't look at image until I get some credits which will be next week. But I am assuming he died as it is his wife and not him a the head.
                  I'm a bit confused!!

In 1901 is this your family:

Charles 62
                  Sarah 50
                  Ellen 14
                  George 7

In 1911 if I look up Sarah Moss living in Kingston Surrey I only get one match and she is 61. If I put her name in the "Other members of the household" box and search again the other members of her household are:

Charles 76
                  George 17

So, they are together??

But I'm not sure this is the same lady you were looking at, as she's not the head of House, Charles is. Sarah is down as Wife.

Maybe I have the wrong family?
                  Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 13-03-09, 11:50.

Comment

Working...
                  X