• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Ancestry says..."Everything has been removed"

from your page

To add items, please click the
    “Customise your homepage” button. You can find this button
    near the upper-right corner of your page.

Yeah..... Thanks for that Ancestry!!

Has this happened to anyone else? My page was customised to suit me now I have to do it again!
    I don't even have a search box.... absolutely nothing.

Arrrgggggggg Yes mine too.

Hope that's just a blip in the system:(:(:(

Is the Messages thing on top right new?

Can't load it though.
    Last edited by WendyPusey; 12-03-09, 15:59. Reason: added re messages
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Mine as well, I am not pleased.
      Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
      Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
      Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
      Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
      Devine in Ireland

Comment

Yes, I've got the same. I wonder if they are doing some maintenance work.

Just noticed as well that at the top right hand corner, next to my log in name, there is a new Message tab (between log in name and My Account).
        Says I have got one message but when I click on it I get the following message: 'We're sorry. We weren't able to get your messages or message folders. Please click the Messages link in the header, or try again later'.

May just be a blip in the system while they make some changes.

Edit: SNAP Wendy - didn't see your message!
        Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 12-03-09, 16:03.
        Elaine

Comment

Just found this!!!

The further you follow your family story back in time, the more likely you are to find other members who have ancestors in common with you. The Messages feature is a great way to connect with these people and share discoveries. (This feature replaced the email-based Ancestry.com Connection Service, which we've now discontinued.)
          Simply click on the Messages link at the top of any Ancestry.com page to see any messages you've received from other Ancestry members. New messages will appear in your Ancestry.com Messages inbox, just as they would in an email program. From there you can read and reply to messages and create personal folders for saving and organizing your messages.
          The online Messages feature lets you communicate privately with other members. Unless you disclose it, your actual email address will remain private since all communications will take place on Ancestry.com.
          All members registered with Ancestry.com can view and reply to messages received from others, whether you have a paid membership or not. Paid members can also click on the Contact link for other members they find throughout the site and initiate contact with them.
          Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
            All members registered with Ancestry.com can view and reply to messages received from others, whether you have a paid membership or not.
            A good move!
            Elaine

Comment

Just had a look at the new feature.

I couldn't work out whether members will get an e-mail message from Ancestry to tell them they have a new message on site.

I checked my contact preferences and noticed I have a tick next to both boxes -
              Information I post or add to Ancestry
              My personal research activities on Ancestry
              Personal research includes

Other personal research activities may include:

* Records you save in your Shoebox
              * Favorites you add on the site
              Does anyone know where one sees what a member has in their shoebox?

I didn't even realise I had the option of adding favourites till now!
              Gillian
              User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

It's currently showing this message:

We are having temporary problems with the homepage. We expect to have them resolved shortly.

Please use the tabs at the top of the page to navigate to the different site areas.

Comment

Access to your shoebox used to be on the home page. It may reappear there once Ancestry have stopped fiddling with whatever they are doing.

Also on the home page you were able to customize the page - you could then add links to different record collections etc. Underneath the 'customize' section was a 'favourites' section - where again you could add quick links to favourite pages. At the moment there doesn't appear to be anything on the home page apart from a message which states "We are having temporary problems with the homepage. We expect to have them resolved shortly."

I think we might have to be patient and see what happens!
                  Elaine

Comment

Think they are sorting it all out at the moment as it is very slow to load!!!!

As Elaine says, think we will all have to be very patient.
                    Wendy

Comment

Thanks Elaine but, according to Ancestry, in contact preferences, I apparently have opted to allow contact re my "personal research activities" including for example items I've added to my shoebox.. I wouldn't know how to access what other members have in their shoebox, so I was curious about how that works.
                      Gillian
                      User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

No idea Gillian. Hopefully some explanations will follow!
                        Elaine

Comment

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Glad it's not just me, I have a message to but cannot access it.
                            Sam

Comment

Is this new? - I now have a message box next to "my account" on the top line of my home page.
                              herky
                              Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Seems to be a new message system Herky.

All seems to be working now and home page back with favourites/customisation showing.
                                Elaine

Comment

I have my home page back with tree but have lost all my quick links etc:(

Edit: Sorry ! I take it all back - I had been diverted onto Ancestry.com somehow but now back on the UK site and it's OK:D
                                  Last edited by Sue from Southend; 12-03-09, 17:55.
                                  Sue

Comment

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this today - new database added
                                    United Kingdom and Ireland Obituary Collection
                                    Obituary Collection - Ancestry.co.uk
                                    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine - I just wish they would have an announcement when they do something rather than leaving us in the dark.
                                      The message box thingy is very small and could easily be missed. That said I do think it is a good idea to have an alert on the home page. I have sent a few messages without replys and I have worried that it was just that I couldn't find them. i would hate to think that someone has taken the time to reply to me and I haven't acknowledged their mail.
                                      herky
                                      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

hmmn,

it would have been nice to be TOLD that they are discontinuing the 'connection' service :(

*mutters darkly* just get me head around it and they move the flaming goal posts!!

and I wanted to contact someone as well.... *sulks*
                                        Julie
                                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                                        X