Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess I'm mad then...

Yesterday I recieved 2 death certs...

husband and wife, (my gt x 3 Grandparents)

Harriett Holmes (nee Lydal) (the wife) I expected to be registered by the daughter she was living with. which was right. so killed her off effectively.

Edward Holmes (the husband) a little bit more confusing... he dies before Harriett in 1880, (and Harriett dies in 1895) but the person registering his death, is a name I dont recognise, well I should say it isnt an instant recognition, however... I feel I have come across this name before when I was looking for something else, I just dont know where!!!

Fanny Lowe!!! where/who are you!!! (it doesnt state a relationship either on the informant bit) grrrr

They did have a daughter called Frances b. 1848 @ Whitwick, Leics

and the rest of their children are just as bad to locate!!

heeeeeelllllpppp please.

Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Which census have you found Frances on Julie? In 1851 the most likely one has parents George (A FWK) and Harriet.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Got this family in 1861 and Frances although on BMD as Frances is called Fanny! He's (Edward) a Coal Miner b: 1811 from Staunton HArold and she's (Harriet) b: 1816 Whitwick - they have five kids including Fanny

RG number: RG09 Piece:2272 Folio:66 Page:28 - On FMP

I think this could be them, can't see a marriage of Fanny or Frances to Lowe but she may have remarried?

:D
      Buttercup

Comment

I was thinking on similar lines BC. I couldn't find a marriage to Lowe either.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
          Can't find her in 1871 Chrissie, can you see her? I got the family in 1871 and Isaac is the only one at home - so I'm thinking she is married?
          Buttercup

Comment

I have several instances where the informant isn't at all who I expected, and there is no obvious relationship to the family. I have assumed that this would have been the midwife/layer out who had been called in when someone was at their last gasp and then went on to take care of things for the family.

The only way I coul prove such a theory would be if I had access to a large number of death certificates, to see if their name recurred.
            Phoenix - with charred feathers
            Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Hello Julie

Any of this make any sense?

Buttercup

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                I have several instances where the informant isn't at all who I expected, and there is no obvious relationship to the family. I have assumed that this would have been the midwife/layer out who had been called in when someone was at their last gasp and then went on to take care of things for the family.

The only way I coul prove such a theory would be if I had access to a large number of death certificates, to see if their name recurred.
                So true but do you think that the fact she did have a daughter called Fanny could be significant :D It also depends on what Julie is trying to achieve since she has the certificates in question I think. Now I'm confused.
                Buttercup

Comment

Does it give a "residence" for Fanny Lowe on the certificate, Julie? Maybe we can find her on the 1881.
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by Buttercup View Post
                    Got this family in 1861 and Frances although on BMD as Frances is called Fanny! He's (Edward) a Coal Miner b: 1811 from Staunton HArold and she's (Harriet) b: 1816 Whitwick - they have five kids including Fanny

RG number: RG09 Piece:2272 Folio:66 Page:28 - On FMP

I think this could be them, can't see a marriage of Fanny or Frances to Lowe but she may have remarried?

:D
                    Yep thats them, sorry didnt reply before had visitors...

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                    am so glad its not just me then...

Kate,

address given as 'city of three waters' which is a place in whitwick,

in 1881 cens Harriett is living with her son Isaac on North St. I think it is.
                    Julie

Comment

Sorry, I meant maybe we can find Fanny Lowe in 1881, not Harriet.
                      KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by Buttercup View Post
                        So true but do you think that the fact she did have a daughter called Fanny could be significant :D It also depends on what Julie is trying to achieve since she has the certificates in question I think. Now I'm confused.
                        lol!

welcome to my world....

I guess I just wanted to try and find out about this fanny.. if only I could remember where when I was trawling that I came across her..

I think she was a daughter of one of Harrietts daughters if that makes sense. I have just remembered that much.
                        Julie

Comment

I found a Frances Lowe in Whitwick but the address was Gracedieu Road, so I thought it wasn't her, but now searching for City of Three Waters instead, I've found that at the bottom of page 25 of Whitwick, district 11, which has Gracedieu Road above it - Charles Lowe age 74, Framework Knitter born Whitwick, and his wife Frances age 60 also born Whitwick, are on Gracedieu Road on the same page (I just didn't look at the bottom of the page first time round, lol!). So I reckon that is Fanny Lowe.
                          KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                            Sorry, I meant maybe we can find Fanny Lowe in 1881, not Harriet.
                            yep and 'city of three waters' was place where Fanny resided, as per cert.

Julie

Comment

I found a Frances Lowe in Whitwick but the address was Gracedieu Road, so I thought it wasn't her, but now searching for City of Three Waters instead, I've found that at the bottom of page 25 of Whitwick, district 11, which has Gracedieu Road above it - Charles Lowe age 74, Framework Knitter born Whitwick, and his wife Frances age 60 also born Whitwick, are on Gracedieu Road on the same page (I just didn't look at the bottom of the page first time round, lol!). So I reckon that is Fanny Lowe.
                              yes that would make sense wouldnt it, from what I remember Gracedieu actually runs onto c.o.t.w, which in turn runs into 'The Dumps'..

lovely place though.
                              Julie

Comment

Oh dear, I suspect this is Charles and Frances's marriage:

Marriages Mar 1859

Howe Frances Ashby-de-la-Z. 7a 161
                                Lowe Charles Ashby de la z 7a 161
                                Shorthouse Caroline Ashby De La Z 7a 161
                                Wilkes William Ashby De La Zouch 7a 161
                                Wilkins William Ashby De La Z 7a 161

Which would mean that Frances was a Howe before she married a Lowe!
                                KiteRunner

Comment

Well done Kate. :D
                                  Buttercup

Comment

Oh dear, I suspect this is Charles and Frances's marriage:

Marriages Mar 1859

Howe Frances Ashby-de-la-Z. 7a 161
                                    Lowe Charles Ashby de la z 7a 161
                                    Shorthouse Caroline Ashby De La Z 7a 161
                                    Wilkes William Ashby De La Zouch 7a 161
                                    Wilkins William Ashby De La Z 7a 161

Which would mean that Frances was a Howe before she married a Lowe!

But that's ok isn't it - we were never clear that Fanny was a Holmes and the reason we couldn't find a Holmes/Lowe marriage.
                                    Buttercup

Comment

No, I know, I just find Howe and Lowe very confusing!
                                      KiteRunner

Comment

LOL!!!

Howe Lowe can you go??? :D
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X