1911 Census Why can't I find them ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Census Why can't I find them ??

Hello, I have spent all morning on the 1911 census looking for Arthur and Minnie King nee Worsell.They were married in Croydon in 1903 there first born was a son John in 1904, but nowhere on the 1911 census can I find any of them.This a silly question but , any ideas why there are not there???? They did not leave the country,their other son Ken was born in Godstone Surrey in 1920 I know that is a 17 year gap, But that is how it was .
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Do you know when and where Arthur and Minnie were born?
    Elaine

Comment

There is an Arthur King age 31 in Croydon with Minnie age 30 and Leonard Frank age 2 - could that be them?
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Elaine, Minnie was born in Burstow Surrey in 1880 . Arthur was also C 1880 born Oakwood Surrey. and they Married in Croydon in 1903 so therefore John born 1904 Should also be on the 1911 census but I can't find them

Kiterunner ,on there was not a child by that name, I found them but the birth place was wrong.

Comment

Sheila, have you actually looked at the image for that Arthur and Minnie to rule them out?
          KiteRunner

Comment

I looked for Kings born in Outwood - which is close to Burstow - and came up with a Minnie aged 30 straight away.

Could it be that John is staying with a relative & not his parents?
            Phoenix - with charred feathers
            Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Kiterunner yes I have a copy of the 1911 transcript

Phoenix. How come you can find them and I can't ???? LOL I must be looking in the wrong place,
              Sheila

Comment

Sheila, sometimes the transcripts have errors in them so that's why I was asking if you had looked at the actual image. It looks to me as though the Minnie born in Outwood is the same one I found. Doesn't it say Outwood for her birthplace on the transcript?
                KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                X