Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are we paying for ancestry at the mo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are we paying for ancestry at the mo?

My subs are up on Ancestry later this month. They have sent the usual renewal e-mail and I'm being quoted 83.40 for the next 12 months this does not include parish and probate.

has anyone received a different quote of late?

Can anyone supply info on the price of the Australian version, please? Also it's correct title?

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Australian site is
      Genealogy and Family History Records - Ancestry.com.au

Click on SUBSCRIBE - top left of page - and you will get the current rates.
      Not aware of any offers at the moment.
      Elaine

Comment

Thankyou, Elaine.

Same cost as UK - think we'll have to have a break for now. Will watch out for a future special offer.

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

The world package is AU$ 24.99 for a month, whats that in english please
          www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
          http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Comment

I think the 83 quid price doesn't include any of the PR stuff or Pallotts or any of the much awaited LMA records when they arrive - that's priced at about 107.
            Asa

Comment

The Aus subscription, which I have, includes PRs and Pallot's. Don't know if it'll include the LMA records.

Comment

Chrissie, there's a currency converter here:

XE - Universal Currency Converter

AUS$ 24.99 is £11.72.

Comment

I did my renewal via Quidco, I went for the cheapest Ancestry deal, got 14 day free trial and am currently awaiting a payment of £18.13 (it's at the tracked stage) which should bring it down to about £65. Found I couldn't live without it but now find I want the middle package!
                  Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                    Chrissie, there's a currency converter here:

XE - Universal Currency Converter

AUS$ 24.99 is £11.72.
                    Thanks Mary

So if my math is corrected thats £70.42 for the year.
                    www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
                    http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Comment

£ 11.72 x 12 = £140.64 for the year (World sub).
                      Last edited by Mary from Italy; 15-03-09, 18:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
                        Thankyou, Elaine.

Same cost as UK - think we'll have to have a break for now. Will watch out for a future special offer.

Jay
                        The Aus package is about £20 cheaper

UK Essentials=£83.40
                        UK Premium=£107.40

Standard Australian package is around £84 (subject to the addition of GST tax) but is the same package as UK Premium
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

I'm paying monthly, costs more in the long run but as I can't pay out a huge sum immediately, will have to do

Comment

I got via Australian ancestry the Annual UK Heritage sub last week for Aus$172.44 inc tax which was charged to my card at £83.21.

Supposed to include "Unlimited access to all Australian and UK record collections "
                            Jools
                            Last edited by Jools in Scarborough; 15-03-09, 18:53.

Comment

Anyone any idea how to choose between Ancestry, findmypast. or other providers?

Not looking for a decision but on what basis do you choose?

Cheers for any thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by nigele2 View Post
                                Anyone any idea how to choose between Ancestry, findmypast. or other providers?
                                Not looking for a decision but on what basis do you choose?
                                Depends what sort of information you are looking for.
                                Both have census information, although FMP is not complete on 1851 or 1901.
                                Both have BMDs
                                Ancestry has a lot of WW1 Army Pension/Service records which can be useful.
                                Ancestry has BIVRI christenings/marriages
                                FMP has a small collection of parish records, including some NBI records.
                                Both have passenger lists but covering different time periods.
                                FMP has Index to death duty registers
                                etc. etc.

I think you really need to see what each site offers and find the one that best covers your needs.
                                Elaine

Comment

I echo what Elaine says, it really depends what type of records are needed, there isn't a "one site fits all" answer.

Bear in mind too that there are now several sites offering records for free (or at least partially complete sets of records).

A handy page on our wiki gives an outline of the more popular sites and has links too so you can dive between sites quite easily to compare one to another

Online Research - Family Tree Forum
                                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                                  My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                                  My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

When I rang Ancestry last year when mine was due for renewal they wouldn't give me a discount but they gave me the premium package for the essentials rate of £83.

It may be worth ringing them to negotiate.

Joanie

Comment

I've more or less decided that, since I can get to see Ancestry.com at my local library, I might relinquish that sub now.

Not sure how I'll feel about that once the regular "fix" is no longer there!

Incidentally, the passenger lists are complementary: one has outbound, one has inbound.

Christine
                                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

As OH is out of work, I haven't gone for extending my 14 day trial to full membership. May will do so as things hopefully improve.

Comment

Working...
                                        X