Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I?

Evening all,
    Does anyone know how I would do the following?

I would like to save (for example) the military records from ancestry as one multiple page document rather than save each scan page under a different name - for a couple of reasons - for ease when attaching to my software program, but also to keep everything neat - trying to organise myself in a major way!!

Would be grateful for any help, am driving myself barmy! lol

Karen

You would need to save each page from Ancestry separately - saving as an image.
    Once you have saved them all you could paste them into a Word Processing document.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine,
      Will give it a go.

Comment

If you use Firefox, it has an extension which you can add that will allow you to turn any document(s) into a .pdf file.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Will give it a go.
          I would also like to be able to turn single page scans into a multi page document. I cant seem to find a setting on my scanner that always for mutli page scanning (mp600 canon if anyone knows any different).
          I have been given information in the post by a relative, and I would like to scan it and attach to the relevant people. (some people run over 2 or 3 pages of the document)

Comment

Still trying to do this if anyone can help me.

Thanks.

Comment

Try using the free PDF creation program. I use it all the time to do exactly this task.

PDF Converter — #1 Free PDF Creator — PrimoPDF

When creating subsequent pages after the first one, make sure that it is set to output to the same filename. Because the file already exists, it will add it to the end.
              Wendy

Comment

Thanks Wendy,
                This looks like what I am after.
                OUt of interest, what program do you use to open the images in? It doesnt work with either windows picture viewer, nor paint.

Comment

I have several programmes but use Adobe Photoshop mostly to view .jpgs etc.
                  Wendy

Comment

All figured out and sorted. Thank you so much.
                    I have been desperate to get all the letters and service documents attached to my tree, but didnt want to attach up to 25 images for 1 persons service records.
                    Thanks again. Exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Very useful little program. Glad you got it sorted.
                      Wendy

Comment

Working...
                      X