Microsoft genuine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft genuine

Please need help. My stepson fixed (rebuilt) my daughters pc ( 2 years back) and over last few months pc going slow and pc "not genuine" keeps popping up now. We keep in contact on here and would love to sort this. PLEASE

Do you know where the copy of Windows came from that is installed on the pc?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

No as stepson does not ome to see ex, just dont know why it tarted now.

Comment

not sure as step son gone now

Comment

Have you done any updates to it recently? It could be that you agreed to Windows Genuine Advantage as part of a recent update, and that's what set it off.

If the copy of Windows that is installed on it is the one that came with it, then you should be able to sort it out with Microsoft but I don't know exactly how you do that (but someone on here will know!)

But if he installed Windows from, say, the same disk he has used to install it onto a different computer, then you might not be able to register it as an authorised copy of Windows.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

do you have a label similar to this one either on your PC or with an XP CD ???

Ignore the fact that it says DSG Retail on the picture, the one you should have may have either another retailer/manufacturer on or just be blank.. The important thing is that you have this Certificate Of Authenticity (COA)..

If you do not have a COA then you do not have a licence to use that copy of windows
            https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by frostyboy View Post
              Please need help. My stepson fixed (rebuilt) my daughters pc ( 2 years back) and over last few months pc going slow and pc "not genuine" keeps popping up now. We keep in contact on here and would love to sort this. PLEASE
              I've had that on a Gen copy,they wanted £95, so the next thing i did was go to the activation page(click on the "keys" symbol),phone them and get it re-activated that way.

If it's not a Gen copy, he's got it from somewhere, and i can't answer that one on here.;)

Comment

I have seen the not genuine notice on machines that are using genuine licence.
                If there is no sticker then it might not be genuine, But saying that he may not of put sticker on case? if so then you are still using a genuine copy. I would say contact Microsoft and the worst that can happen is that your have to buy a genuine licence key from them.

Here is some helpful pages for you to read up on and check.

How to Tell

How to Tell

Comment

Working...
                X