UKGDL - new partner site to UKBMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKGDL - new partner site to UKBMD

I've just spotted this on the home page of the UKBMD site UKBMD - On-line Births, Marriages, Deaths Indexes & Census transcriptions for UK Family History

UKBMD now has a companion web site: called UKGDL -- UK Genealogical Directories and Lists.
    Its aim is to fill the family history gaps between the births, marriages and deaths that you can find through UKBMD.
    Remembering that UKBMD also has census links.

UKGDL - Genealogical Directories and Lists On-line for UK Family History and Genealogy.

This site provides 641 links to web sites that offer on-line data in a wide range of categories to help you with your Family History research.
    Again a well-organised site of useful links.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Thanks Christine.

I have already found the links on Lancsbmd very useful and think this will add yet another dimension.

OC

Comment

Good grief I've just found a Thompson One Name Study website....thought they only had those for unusual surnames, (don't suppose I'll find any of my Thompsons!).
      Thanks for the link Christine.
      ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

Originally posted by Meridian Line View Post
        Good grief I've just found a Thompson One Name Study website....thought they only had those for unusual surnames, (don't suppose I'll find any of my Thompsons!).
        Thanks for the link Christine.
        Do you mean to say there are Thompsons outside Northumberland (and conversely anyone not named Thompson in Northumberland)?
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Well Uncle John, there is a large county next door called Cumberland where my Thompsons originated..... along with several million more I suspect!
          My paterfamilias being Gowan Thompson, & I haven't managed to find a single other descendant of his.
          ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

Working...
          X