Suffolk RO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk RO

I shall be in Ipswich & Lowestoft for 3 days the week after next. Facing 26 hours of trawling through Parish Records, some respite would be welcome.

If anyone has a specific event with 'rough' dates they want checked, I'll give it a go.
    Glen

Glen

If I may take you up on your kind offer.

There is a submitted marriage on the IGI that if it is correct could solve a big mystery

All the IGI has is...

Marriage at Cowlinge in 1809
    Joseph Frost to Elizabeth Teverson

Any more detail and confirmation of the brides surname would be wonderful.

Many, many thanks
    Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

First on the list, Chris.
      Glen

Comment

Thanks Glen
        Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

What a very kind offer. I'm afraid this wouldn't really count as respite from parish records, but hoping you might be able to fit them in, please?

There is a "submitted" entry on the IGI for Ann Salter, 15 Feb 1707, "Loustofe, Suffolk", which I am assuming is Lowestoft, but it doesn't say who she married. I know the whole thing could be made up, but the date does seem quite specific (although I can't tell if it has been "corrected" for the Julian / Gregorian switch or not, so possibly the year should be 1706). I'm hoping she married a Mr Kell; if you get the chance could you have a look for me, please?

And the other one is Farrow Salter - he got married in Great Yarmouth 22 Jan 1722 but the Great Yarmouth PR's don't say who he married! As he was "of Lowestoft", I'm hoping there might be a Lowestoft banns book which might give his bride's name, hopefully Rebecca something.

Hope you enjoy yourself!
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Glen

Please could you look up the bap of John Baldry about 1793 in Horham Suffolk. I know most thing about him except this and his parents names.

If there are loads per year don't worry if you can't do it.

Thanks so much for the offer.
            Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

The respite comes in looking for something specific with a fair chance of actually finding it instead of ploughing through hoping a significant name will catch the eye.

I can certainly manage the first Kite, but I don't believe Banns were kept until after Hardwicke's Marriage Act.

Is it the actual PRs that you have looked at or a transcription for Gt Yarmouth? What about A/B/D Transcripts? I'm fairly certain that Lowestoft has copies of Yarmouth PRs but I think the Archbishop's Transcripts or equivalent are in Norwich.

I'll do what I can.
              Glen

Comment

Lin,

Added to the list.
                Glen

Comment

Thanks Glen
                  Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Thank you for your kind offer Glen.

If you have time please can you look for:
                    George Sporle/Spoole/Sperle/Spall
                    Censuses give his birth year as 1809-1811.b IPSWICH.
                    I expect him to have been born in St Peter's or St Helen's but possibly St Mary Stoke parish.
                    I know his mother was Mary, a widow on censuses so I'm hoping the father will be Samuel- buried 1837 Stoke Green Baptist Church.
                    Samuel was a prominent baptist and all his children have registered births at Stoke Green Baptist Church except Samuel:(. It doesn't give the date of the registering so don't know when Samuel became a baptist.
                    George was the youngest child approx 5 years after his nearest sibling Charlotte b 1805.
                    All the other siblings are on IGI so I'm hoping that George is in another register that the IGI hasn't filmed.

A marriage between Samuel Sporle and Mary c 1785 at St Helens or St Peters would be appreciated if you have nothing else to do LOL

Have a good day
                    Last edited by Katarzyna; 11-03-09, 19:05.
                    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                      I can certainly manage the first Kite, but I don't believe Banns were kept until after Hardwicke's Marriage Act.
                      Oops, sorry!

Is it the actual PRs that you have looked at or a transcription for Gt Yarmouth? What about A/B/D Transcripts? I'm fairly certain that Lowestoft has copies of Yarmouth PRs but I think the Archbishop's Transcripts or equivalent are in Norwich.
                      It is transcribed on the IGI and someone went to look it up in the Great Yarmouth PR's for me and said the same - no name given for the bride - but they didn't have time to look at the Archbishop's Transcripts etc.

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                      If you have time please can you look for:
                      George Sporle/Spoole/Sperle/Spall
                      Censuses give his birth year as 1909-1911.b IPSWICH.
                      I expect him to have been born in St Mary Stoke parish but possibly St Peter's or St Helen's.
                      I know his mother was Mary, a widow on censuses so I'm hoping the father will be Samuel- buried 1837 Stoke Green Baptist Church.
                      Katarzyna, sorry to poke my nose in but one of those dates must be wrong!
                      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

LOL thanks Kate have amended it:o
                        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

OK folks -gotta dash, tennis match to play. Will look in later to take details.
                          Glen

Comment

Hi Glen

Please can you have a look at these

Wingfield

Robert Haggett/Haggith baptised 19/7/1812
                            Sarah Haggett/Haggith buried 1/9/1812

Thanks
                            Jay

Comment

Hi Glen

Thank you for your kind offer. Would there be any chance of looking for a burial for William JONES of Yoxford, he died on Christmas Day 1839, & was buried shortly after, around Dec 1839/Jan 1840. I would also be interested in an obituary for him if they have local papers for Yoxford there. It may come under Blythburgh/Southwold.

I would also be very interested if you could find out any information regarding a ship called the "Heart of Oak" it would have been built around 1836 in Dunwich. If there is a list of ship owners for that period it would be great if you could find the owner's name for me.

Thank you
                              Last edited by Joan of Archives; 11-03-09, 22:18. Reason: Added more info

Joanie

Comment

That is such a kind offer and if you are obviously going to be busy. If time allows I would like to know if the baptism of Jonathan (maybe Johnthan or otherwise) Fisk in 1771 at Redlingfield shows his parents please.

I hope you have a successful time with your own research.

Ice

Comment

That is such a kind offer and if you are obviously going to be busy. If time allows I would like to know if the baptism of Jonathan (maybe Johnthan or otherwise) Fisk in 1771 at Redlingfield shows his parents please.

I hope you have a successful time with your own research.

Ice

Comment

LOL Sorry about that! Thought it had not gone.

Ice

Comment

Kat - request noted.

Jay - noted.

Joan - some of your requests may be rather more time-consuming than a straight forward look-up but I'll do my best.

Ice - noted.
                                      Glen

Comment

Hi Glen
                                        Thank you for your kind offer and I hope I'm not too late.

Could you please check Leiston baptisms for me for John Button bc 1796 and, if it's not too much trouble and you have time, confirm a marriage - it's on the IGI:
                                        Reydon Suffolk, 10 April 1821 - John Button to Mary Word (or Ward?)

Thanks so much.
                                        Jenny

Comment

Working...
                                        X