Marriage indexes query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage indexes query

Both Free bmd and ancestry only show three entries for march 1869 Pancras middlesex. 2 female 1 male i am desperately searching for a marriage between Chales Clifton and Jane Griffiths sometime before 1871.

jane griffiths is shown on this page with mary elizabeth Adams and Charles Smith.

I have contacted Pancras Reg office they cannot do a search because there would be too much searching involved.

What would you do next? to try and solve this one, before paying out for an unwanted cert.

Any suggestions please.

If you look at the actual image for March 1869 there is no Charles Clifton listed for that quarter, so it looks unlikely that he is the missing male from the freeBMD listing.

Presumably you have found them in the 1871 census - can you give us the reference?
    Elaine

Comment

which reference Elaine?

Comment

Sorry - have you found them in the 1871 census - if so can you either give us the census reference or the exact details so that we can find the relevant census page.
        Sometimes looking at their details, e.g. places of birth, ages of children. where they are living etc, gives some pointer as to when and where the marriage might have taken place.
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine they are in Luton Bedfordshire RG10 1573 lost the folio no but page 26. Charles Clifton b 1832.

They are in a lodging house by May 1872 they are in the workhouse in luton.

Unfortunately where Charles says he is born varies with each census from then on he says Biscester in 71 cant find them in 81, 91 he says Pinner in Middlesex. I have narrowed him down to two possibles charles Cliftons one born caddington Beds in 1834 the other born in oxfordshire about the same time.

I have not checked what he says in 1911 as I have no spare cash to subscribe at the moment to look at entry. He should be living in new Town Street Luton aged 76/77 have his death cert for October 1911 aged 77.

I need to find this marriage to confirm who is father is (hopefully) Jane is totally consistant abt her place of birth. New Radnor Wales. I have two possibles for her in 61 both on London but different parishes.

Any help at all most gratefully recieved.

Comment

Got to pop out for a while so please dont think im ignoring you be back later.

Comment

No problem. I'm looking but not finding anything at the moment! :o
              Elaine

Comment

Working...
              X