Members Tree WHITNEY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members Tree WHITNEY

On Ancestry there is a member's tree which often comes up in searches.
    As I don't subscribe, I can't get access so I was wondering if the tree owner was also a member here.

They seem to have a Penny family tree which is almost identical, (unless of course its a very clever ruse by Ancestry to get me to buy a sub!!)

So WHITING tree owner (not Whitney as above!) if you are out there, I would be grateful if you would make yourself known.....lol.
    Last edited by stuart Penny; 11-03-09, 05:52. Reason: Spelling mistake

there doing it to me dangling the carrot then wont let me see the tree brenda xxx

Comment

Am I missing something ? The Members Tree is private unless the member is willing to let you view................at least thats my understanding.

Comment

Alan, there are two types of Member Trees, public and private.
        A public Member Tree is viewable by anyone, a private tree is only viewable with the owner´s permission.
        Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine, I learn a little every day even at my age!

Comment

I know it looks like I am too tight to buy a sub! But it all comes down to disposable income.
            other expenses are more pressing, and this for me is a hobby.

Its a tad annoying that for every person in my tree, Ancestry have attached a hint. Every hint comes back to this other members tree..................and I can't see it...lol

Comment

Stuart, have you considered taking out a 14day free trial with Ancestry, which would give you the opportunity to make contact with the tree owner.
              You would need to give your credit card details when you sign up but as long as you cancel before the endof the 14 day period then no charge is made to your card.
              Elaine

Comment

If you do take on a free trial, make sure you cancel it well before the 14 days is up - like about 10 days, it takes a couple of days to process, but you can use it for the 14 days.

di
                Diane
                Sydney Australia
                Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Having just tried another 'family tree' search, I have discovered that my tree has progress further than the other two members trees. (With Viviennes help)

So I guess that I will stop moaning!!!

Thanks Guys. (The man sighs and settles back happy again)

Comment

One of my FTM searches of Ancestry has thrown up a One World Tree with a big chunk of OH's family in it. Most of it is accurate and verifiable though there are some dodgy bits. I've added around 50 semi-remote cousins to her part of my tree. Unfortunately the tree owner is "unknown" so there's no way of contacting them.
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                    X